Trolley, anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimistic Paranoid

Reaction score
Dutchess County NY is having their annual surplus vehicles auction. One of the items this year is a Trolley Bus. This would make an AWESOME live aboard if you don't care about stealth. (This thing SCREAMS Here I Am!)

I suspect this will go cheap, there can't be a lot of demand except for specialized collectors. And I'm guessing a lot of collectors won't even know this little, out of the way auction is going on.

Trolley Bus

Regards
John

I like it! Lots of character in that old trolley and the wood adds warmth also.

Coolio!!!

I'd be all over something like that! (too bad they don't tell you what it's got for running gear) :(

someone's gonna get a smokin' deal on that!

Patrick46 said:
Coolio!!!

I'd be all over something like that! (too bad they don't tell you what it's got for running gear) :(

someone's gonna get a smokin' deal on that!

I did a little searching on Google. I found similar one's for sale that list Cummings motors and Allison transmissions.

Regards
John

That is very COOL looking, but it will attract a lot of attention. If it has the Cummings Allison combo for running gear it should be bullet proof. Would be a shame to tear out all that wood though, so if I had something like it I would try to incorporate the wood back into the build somehow.

The city bus company here in Tallahassee has two of the old trolley buses, one red and one green. They used to have regular routes, but now only get used for special occasions. Kinda like the Sheriff Department's little VW Bug in full LCSD colors. :D

I had a chance to ride the red trolley once - it was a good experience. It wasn't in quite as nice shape as this one in the link.

I'm sure the person that buys it intends to take care of it. Why buy it if they didn't?

that's really cool. I love all the wood. I wonder what is the purpose of that front cow catcher looking thing. highdesertranger

So pretty! I'd love to turn that into a Traveling Minstrel Trolley. Just totally forget about stealth a have it as a totally "In your face" beautiful quasi-Steampunk/Victorian show on wheels! Mount a pneumatic fold-out stage (with lots of brass fittings!) on the back! Have to develop an act like Steam-Powered Giraffe! Woohoo!

Sounds like we have found the winner. That is more than I would pay for that sort of project.

If I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Use the seat wood to build my furniture. The only thing I'd change on the outside would be to remove the lettering and replace it with a tastefully done Poodle or three. I'd be proud to tour the country in it and would welcome the attention it would draw. New bucket list item...