Travel Blender

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weight

Reaction score
Found this on one of my junk mail sites. The description says it all.
""We feel your pain. Nothing says first-world tragedy like camping with no way to make kale/bacon/acai berry smoothies. You’ll need this rechargeable travel blender. Holds 16 oz and has a 4-blade rotor on an eye popping, 15K rpm, ice-crushing motor. Recharging is easy via an included USB/Micro USB cord. Measures 2-3/4" dia x 9-1/4" tall, and includes a safety cap for the blades, and top and bottom caps for the bottle. BPA-free and dishwasher safe, and runs for (3) hours on a charge. Non-smoothie drinkers can use it for making brandy alexanders.""
I found this here;;  
https://www.sciplus.com/portable-re...rm=Click+for+Details.&utm_campaign=Sale+items

Thanks for the info. I've been shopping for a blender to use while out and have seen the usb charging ones but can't seem to find specifications on the power of the motor. Just can't see them being very powerful so I think I'm going with a 110 AC one running at about 300 watts. 

I doubt that I'll need the cordless feature the same as someone backpacking for I'm going to try this one from Amazon for $30:

Sboly Smoothie Blender Single Serve Small Blender for Juice Shakes and Smoothie with 20 oz Tritan BPA-Free Travel Bottle, 300W (with Silicone Ice Cube Tray/Bottle Brush)

I have a 2 cup manual one from T-fal. It has a pull cord like starting an old lawnmower. It does a surprising job. I don't think it would do ice, but it makes short work of celery for tuna salad. I chopped a pickle when I needed relish for my burger. Bread crumbs are easy.

Hmm, I don't have faith this would be all that great. Blenders can heat up really quickly and use a lot of energy, so I wonder how long the charge would really last. Three hours sounds like running with nothing in it, like a fan, and even that I find hard somewhere in the vicinity of hard to believe.

I'll use mine for veggie/fruit smoothies. I strive for lots of fresh, raw vegetables

Looks interesting and the price is reasonable. If not strong enough to pulverize fibrous veggies it would still mix light batters, make bread crumbs, chop some nuts, make easy to blend fruit drinks, etc.

I haven't had any solid food since February and have been having smoothies twice daily.I bought this from Amazon and it works well, both on 110v in the trailer and on the modified sine wave inverter in the van. It's a pain to clean if I procrastinate:

Smoothie Blender, Fochea 300W Professional Food Processor Multi-Function Kitchen System with 28 oz Chopper Bowl, 20 oz BPA-Free Travel Bottles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJLB4LF/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_HCTMCbM8VRXNF

Ted

The Amazon description sez "easily to juice meat, ice"... I'm justing thinking if you juice ice you get, um, water? And if you juice meat you get blood or maybe plasma if it's powerful enough? 
:( :)

It was just posted for those that ask about blenders not needing to be plugged into 120Vac. The rest can go away.

Now that you've clarified your intention I'll get off your lawn and go away.

I was just making a joke. Jeez...Sorry if I offended anyone that juices raw meat.

I didn't know about the pull-cord blenders, will have to check them out.

This board has a lot of people that take offense easily. Deduce from that what you will. It's the price of the ticket for participating that you will see a lot of this sort of thing. It's just the natural constituency. Anyone would know the reason why.

I think it will get better as this gets less niche.

Dingfelder said:
This board has a lot of people that take offense easily.  Deduce from that what you will.  It's the price of the ticket for participating that you will see a lot of this sort of thing.  It's just the natural constituency.  Anyone would know the reason why.  

I think it will get better as this gets less niche.

this board also has a lot of people that feel the need to expand their answers and reply's beyond anything the op was asking about. i can feel for the op getting bummed about off topic posts. makes it a PITA to sort through to see if there are any valid comments

That is the nature of the beast too. A thread isn't owned by its creator, and all but the most technical forums are about discussion and community rather than getting precise answers to specific discussions at the greatest possible velocity and with no interjection of anything else. And even many of those tend to develop into communities. It is generally the feeling of community that keeps a forum alive even more than simple utility. So I don't really feel sorry for anyone if their thread goes off course a little, unless it is getting purposely sabotaged or overrun with that sort of cutesy back and forth "Hi everybody, love y'all sooo much hope you're having a great weekend!" hijack that some people do.

Besides, the same people complaining will so often be doing the same things themselves in another thread, bringing up politics or religion or their weird social neuroses out of nowhere for no good reason.

It's just the nature of forums that they are here for everybody and not just here for you, or me, etc.

Weight said:
Found this on one of my junk mail sites. The description says it all.
""We feel your pain. Nothing says first-world tragedy like camping with no way to make kale/bacon/acai berry smoothies. You’ll need this rechargeable travel blender. Holds 16 oz and has a 4-blade rotor on an eye popping, 15K rpm, ice-crushing motor. Recharging is easy via an included USB/Micro USB cord. Measures 2-3/4" dia x 9-1/4" tall, and includes a safety cap for the blades, and top and bottom caps for the bottle. BPA-free and dishwasher safe, and runs for (3) hours on a charge. Non-smoothie drinkers can use it for making brandy alexanders.""
I found this here;;  
https://www.sciplus.com/portable-rechargeable-travel-blender-64283-p?trk_msg=ISP8S8N87P241AEMULNN6QAS7C&trk_contact=T1G76HL3HE65A3V6GG20GNTE1C&trk_sid=M9C19R6UJVTDKCROETEF4DFU68&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Click+for+Details.&utm_campaign=Sale+items

Thanking you so very much!  Ordered on Amazon tonight!  Gawd I love this community!!!!!! :D