Trang’s Automotive in ABQ NM

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutball

Reaction score
Locals know about this place, and I’ve never heard anything bad about repairs they’ve done. This is a family-run shop in the International District- you can entertain yourself by watching parakeets, chickens, and doves in the parking area while your vehicle is being worked on. Rates are lower than anyplace else I know of in ABQ, and the mechanics are honest- they will suggest the cheapest best fix or if it’s even necessary to do anything. Nice people, please be kind. I don’t have their card anymore, but they are a block SE of Central and Louisiana; look them up if you need an honest assessment. I had the transmission seals on my Ford Ranger 3L fixed, along with some other stuff like repacking the front brake bearings so that my old truck could safely make it to Cali.

Years ago I circulated kinda in that area, for my job....but never knew that place was even there...

I did enjoy Old Town....and the Sandia Tramway...and Blakes....the green chili cheeseburgers especially!

:cool:

tx2sturgis said:
Years ago I circulated kinda in that area, for my job....but never knew that place was even there...

I did enjoy Old Town....and the Sandia Tramway...and Blakes....the green chili cheeseburgers especially!

:cool:
Oh no! You reminded me that I wanted to go to Blakes just once before I left... I completely forgot!
I was a poor student, so I bought meat on sale and made my own burgers with Bueno frozen chilis. Man, fall is the time when you hear propane burners everywhere, like the chili roasters outside of grocery stores and hot air balloons overhead. I parked my rig in university parking lots that the balloonists often used to land- sometimes that was scary.

And Twisters!

I was able to visit a few of them, but mainly the one on Menaul near University.

One time I was in there and saw some big poster about some TV show or something....was filmed there....some kinda bad guy or...broke something....bad breakage....bad drugs....something like that....anyway....

I guess an episode was filmed there...ok whatever, I sure dont watch TV or cable or any of that....I was too busy being on the road all the time.

Years later my sister said, hey you gotta watch this show called 'Breaking Bad', its about a guy in Albuquerque cooking meth....

I said, uh....NO I dont. 

Still have never seen a single episode.

But I have to say....the food there is really good!

:thumbsup: