Trailer Oh Trailer, Where For Art Thou?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunny

Reaction score
I asked MzMozy to check on the progress of the repairs on my trailer, she was in the area the repair shop is. 

It's still in line patiently waiting its turn. 

I on the other hand have not been blessed with an overabundance of patience. The Generator that was on sale at Walmart which the salesperson there assured me would not increase in price, increased in price. But things happen for a reason, or so I'm told.

Agreed on a price for my rifle, the guy shows up last night and gives me $200.00 less than agreed on and expected me to take it. I'ts back in a safe. The buyer was a cop, called and ran the serial number then sprang the price reduction on me. I don't give police discounts.

I definitely won't make the gathering in Flagstaff, but there will be others if I keep the trailer.

I'm sure the solar panels I want will triple in price shortly. 

Rob

Thanks Cyndi, I actually feel bad about posting that even in jest. I called and asked if he could measure the space on my roof for a solar panel or panels. He had had to close his shop for two days due to illness. I felt like a jerk. Such a nice guy, I tried assure him I am in no hurry. Now I feel lousy for disturbing him.

Everything else is just things.

Here's to Mr Howards health.

Rob

Rob, when he feels better ask for a realistic time frame. Tell him that don't want to push him but rather if it is too long then you want to take it for a trip and bring it back.

High Desert Ranger is right, I may just go for a drive without the trailer. I got the electric jack for it taking up more room, I might just load all the stuff I've bought and take it up there.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Rob

Where are you and what do you need for a genny? I've got one in the garage that i bought new and dragged along our first year out. We never needed it and i haven't taken it since.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I am in Texas, I need one that will run my air conditioner. At least a 3000 Watt... Let me know what you have and where you are.

Rob

Gunny said:
I am in Texas, I need one that will run my air conditioner. At least a 3000 Watt... Let me know what you have and where you are.

Rob
I could help but i'm in NY. I'll be driving to central Illinois week after next, but that's not very close to Texas.

The one I mentioned earlier is an 1800w Champion, which won't meet your needs. We also have a 3800w Generac in the garage that we used to build my in-laws house 3 yrs ago.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thought, I'm in no hurry. Trailer is in the shop, I'm just trying to line a few things up. Have a good trip to Illinois.

Rob

Gunny said:
Hey Rob, keep an eye on CL for a lightly used Honda eu300is. I think the is stands for inverter sine wave, or something like that. Anyway, you get clean enough power to run your computer as well. I'm pretty sure you'll want to do that.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu3000is

I think Yamaha makes a similar one now too. Just a thought, as the Honda version has been around long enough now to start showing up on CL at a much reduced price.

Being the genius I am when I first joined the forum I listed my Honda 3000i for sale, I had just bought , or was in the process of buying, an older class A. I sold the Honda to a friend for $1200. He won't sell it back.

I only kept the Bounder for a couple of months and decided it was not what I wanted.

I'm going to go with Champion if I buy new, they are reasonably quiet and have a decent warranty. But you are right, the Honda is the best, quietest and started first pull every time.

My life's lessons are getting expensive. Ha.

Rob

Gunny said:
I sold the Honda to a friend for $1200. He won't sell it back.

I only kept the Bounder for a couple of months and decided it was not what I wanted.

At the risk of bearing more bad news, those Bounders were well built, and well insulated. Some, if not all even had dual glazed windows. I would be happy to own one now. 
As for your friend not selling the Honda back, do you blame him?
I had a Sportscoach that was also very well built, but not quite to the level the Bounder was. I regret selling that too. :( 
Oh well, life moves on, regardless of our follies. :p

Rob, just in case you didn't know, both Honda and Yamaha make 2000 watt generators that be linked to a second, identical unit to provide 4000 watts.  It costs a little more to do it this way, compared to a 3000 watt generator, but the advantage is that they weigh a LOT less.

Looking at the Yamahas, the 3000 watt weighs 136 pounds dry and the 2000 watt units weigh 44 pounds dry each.  Which are possibly light enough for you to horse them around individually and give you much greater flexibility compared to trying to find someplace to have a 136 pound generator mounted somewhere while still hauling your mobility scooter, AtV, etc.

Pricewise, Cabellas is listing the 3000 watt for $1700 and change and the 2000 watt unit for $999.

Anyway, something to maybe think about.

Thanks John, Linking sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure I could do it carrying both units on a front hitch carrier. The bed of the pickup will be stuffed with that stupid ATV I have and not much room for more. Another of my wise investments.

I may move it into the back parking lot, it gets on my nerves looking out the window and seeing it everyday. It will be the next thing to go on Craigslist if I don't start using it soon.

Thanks for the ideas....

Rob

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Rob, just in case you didn't know, both Honda and Yamaha make 2000 watt generators that be linked to a second, identical unit to provide 4000 watts.  It costs a little more to do it this way, compared to a 3000 watt generator, but the advantage is that they weigh a LOT less.
<-------->
Pricewise, Cabellas is listing the 3000 watt for $1700 and change and the 2000 watt unit for $999.
Very good points, especially the weight difference.

Yessir, I have to admit the weight thing has me worried. My upper body strength is okay, not near what it once was but can lift a decent amount. It's the back and assorted discs going nuts that has me concerned.

I have to admit, part of me says to just say to hell with it and stick around here. If I do something and my back hurts too bad I have drugs that will kill the pain, but I can't, or won't, drive. I wouldn't be safe and neither would others on the road.

I suppose I need to make some realistic decisions sooner rather than later.

Rob

Rob, the only thing that saved my back from horrendous spasms was to have the nerves burned. It's painless and quick and can be done in the doctors office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, I've never seen a chiropractor, they have tried 'manipulation' in physical therapy and I can't tell that it helps. It's only been in the last few years that the VA has used or authorized chiropractors. I will ask next visit with my Primary Care. In all honesty I have been afraid of the manipulations worsening the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Cammalu, I have never heard of that procedure. It's another thing to ask my Primary about. She usually hustles me out of her office pretty quick, she says I make her nervous.
And by the way, congratulations on getting out and about. Good work.

Rob

Latest posts