Totally solar powered motor home

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGfromBC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is about a totally solar powered motorhome built by technology students in the Netherlands.  According to the article it is currently on its 1500 mile shakedown cruise between the Netherlands and Spain.  

It will NOT DO STEALTH.  I wouldn't go too far off the paved roads.  The design is a combination of function and aerodynamics that left very little for style.  Though, they did try.

As a concept vehicle and a nod to the future, I'm captivated.  I'm going to look around a bit more to see if I can find a bit about how their trip is going.

Solar-Powered Stella Vita Camper Can Travel 453 Miles on a Sunny Day – Robb Report

MG

I posted a few years ago about a VW bus that had been converted to a solar-powered camper, so I don't agree with the claim of "world's first". It didn't have the range and cooking would need to be a solar oven to make it completely solar.

I can just see the jokes now

Where DON'T you visit in a solar powered RV?

The rain forest.
------
Why take a break from traveling each year?

The monsoon season.
-------
Not a good vehicle to have for evacuation during a hurricane.
------
Martha and John decided to visit the Northwest in their solar powered RV, they didn't make it back out.
-------
There's John with his Solar RV. I hear hes got a little something going on the side.

Oh yeah, with who?

A Honda generator.

Latest posts