Too good to be true? Out os state sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz

Reaction score
I have been looking for months now and I have just come across this for $1500.  

I'm in NC the vehicle is in Utah.  The seller says that shipping is already paid for and that she got it in a divorce and wants to sell quick.  They say I can pay COD to the delivery firm after a 5 day grace period to test drive and have a mechanic go over it.

The pictures are immaculate.  The e-mail is written in complete sentences with out spelling or grammatical errors.

I'm skeptical. I've never purchased a vehicle this way.

Seller says:
1997 Airstream B190 Camper. The airstream is a 1997 Airstream b190, which is a built on a Ford E350 chassis, it included significant design/equipment changes, including the use of the Ford 6.8L V-10 Triton engine and a redesigned bathroom with a sink and wet shower. The engine was replaced in 2009 at 74,250 miles and so the current engine has approximately 25,000 miles on it. The RV components include a refrigerator, a stove/oven, two sinks (kitchen and bathroom), a toilet and shower. There are two sleeping areas as shown in the photos: the couch folds down into a bed and there is another area above the driver's and passenger's seats that can be accessed with a ladder. Please see the photos that show the internal layout and list the various standard features. The RV has the following features that were considered optional/upgrades for this model year: double sink, 3-burner stove, 2.8 KW generator, awning. Brake, blinkers and running lights all work, drop down windows with bars and screen option. Nothing wrong with the motorhome at all, title in hand. RV runs like a dream! Tires have low miles on them, all new tires put on in December. It has no damage.The price that I have decided to sell it is $1500. If you decide to buy it, I want to let you know that you will have 5 days to inspect it once it is delivered to your address. I have all the documents, service records, owner's manuals, clean title and will come with it.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 11
would the one i posted work for you? if so you better contact them now

Gary68 said:
would the one i posted work for you? if so you better contact them now

Not so much.

I go back and forth on the class B vs van and I just thought that sounded like a great deal.  I'm not a big fan of the prebuilts.  

I know I want a hitop so I can stand.  I need to have at least a real twin bed.  A 15 passenger seems ideal.  A tow package is almost certainly a must for me I'm learning.  Everything else I would probably have to install in anything I buy, solar etc.

I would rather spend more on a good chassis and motor and less on an interior.

SCAM. another one is they are in the military and have been transfered over seas. the vehicle is in a shipping container on a US base and will be shipped at government expense to the buyer.

Would you believe : I can sell this locally for $15,000, but would prefer to sell it long distance for $1,500 ?