Tire Load Range

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpio125

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Ford E350 with 56,000 on it. &nbsp;I carry nothing but my Bed, food and clothes and camp stove. Far less than the E350 Max load I am sure.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Tire size is apparently supposed to be LT245/75/R16 &nbsp;LOAD RANGE E</div><div><br></div><div>I have 1 brand new LT245/75/R16 LOAD RANGE C</div><div><br></div><div>2 questions...&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>1. Can I use the Load Range C on this vehicle with no adverse ramifications?</div><div>2. I have one... so can I run it with Load Range E on the other 3? If so what position is best?</div><div><br></div><div>I just cant afford a new tire right now.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Please help I have to hit the Road to North Dakota this week from Milwaukee.&nbsp;</div><div>~G</div><div><br></div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">I'm no expert, but I found this answer when I Googled...hope it is helpful.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><table border="0" cellSpacing="10" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="GBlack_15" vAlign="top" align="left"><td vAlign="bottom"><p class="GBlack_15"><span class="Vgrey9_12"><a href="http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/us_eng/answers/doctor_maintenance.asp#top" target=_blank></a></span></p></td><td><p>Dear James,</p><p>Yes, you may run same size tires but with different load ranges as duals on the same axle provided you inflate all tires to no more than the maximum inflation limit of the lowest load range tire. Keep in mind, the tires must match within 1/4” diameter (3/4” circumference); so if you are running tires of different manufacturers, tread depths or patterns, it would be wise to confirm that they match within these limits.</p><p>The same would apply to the steer, as long as the lower load range tire is capable of carrying the axle load. However, it is generally preferred that the steer tires match in all ways possible, and mismatch of this type would normally only be seen in an emergency situation and would be corrected upon return of the vehicle to the maintenance facility.</p><p>I hope this has been of assistance. </p> Best regards, Tire Doctor</td></tr></tbody></table>

Yeah I saw that too...all the references are to running on a dually...<div><br></div><div>I just have a standard cargo van.&nbsp;</div>