Thermometer with Remote

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabiesandpeewee

Reaction score
I just bought this. I'm hoping that AT LEAST it will allow me to know the temp inside the vehicle without having to climb in, and get the dogs all riled up. Possibly I'll be able to read the temp from inside the workplace, if I park close enough. Wouldn't THAT be cool?<br>It says the range is 300 feet, unobstructed, and there are instructables online to make the antennae more effective.<br><br>http://www.target.com/p/la-crosse-technology-wireless-temp-humidity-station-ws-9023u-it/-/A-11178092

I have the oregon. it was on 1/2 price sale. I use it at home for outside temp. works good. You may have problem with metal walls on the van.

I adore this Forum. Every time I seek an answer I find it. I am, of course, mightily concerned about keeping my cats in my vehicle while I'm inside at work, but if I have the ability to check on the temp from a distance and make adjustments appropriate to the situation, why, that's just amazing! I will be checking this gadget out pronto.

Thank you!

I have a similar Walmart indoor/outdoor thermometer I use to keep up with the temp inside my ice chest. I put the sensor inside and then mount the receiving unit&nbsp;near my bed. Can see at a glance how well the ice is holding out without opening the lid. Can move the receiving unit near the driver's seat to monitor ice chest while driving. Accurate way to may sure your food items are maintained at a safe temp.

With an Engel refrigerator in my van, I never worry much about its being cool enough. However I do have several units by&nbsp;Lacrosse to keep me posted on inside-outside temp of the van (outside unit is in a piece of PVC pipe with a top cap and bottom open. Wire ties across the bottom hold the remote temp/humidity unit inside. It is wire-tied to the frame of the spare tire carrier and is quite accurate. Inside, read-out unit for just temp is on the dash with Velcro and the big readout with forecasting and other bells and whistles is near my head on the bed.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Be aware in <span style="text-decoration: underline;">some</span> jurisdictions there is a fine to leave a pet alone in a vehicle under any circumstance.

I guess in a previous forum some were saying your animals could be confiscated for being left in a vehicle, if that is part of the law. I don't know...nothing of the sort is part of the law in my city.<br><br>The thermometer works really well at about fifty feet away. I have plywood and fiberglass insulation, so if it works for my van, it should work for anybody's van!

Latest posts