The Weaning Project

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big changes!
I have given my notice at work. I leave for Arizona on September 29. I will stay in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg/Blyth area for the winter. This idea has been rumbling around in my head for a while, and now it's not just an idea. :)

It's been such a pleasure watching your evolution (Revolution) on the forum! I'm looking forward to meeting you!!
Bob

akrvbob said:
It's been such a pleasure watching your evolution (Revolution) on the forum! I'm looking forward to meeting you!!
Bob

Revolution fits the bill exactly. :)
I'm looking forward to meeting everybody!

Rvpopeye, thanks! Are you going to be around?

YW
Don't think so....plans set in jello though.

Really love your "weaning" method. I envision doing something similar when I finally am ready to move into my rig.

I type this from my van tonight, in a Walmart parking lot, in New Mexico. I will be in Arizona tomorrow! The trip has been exactly as it should be - wonderful experiences, problems quickly followed by solutions, beautiful views, and meeting interesting people.
On another note, SO many people along the way have asked me if I was running from the hurricane. Florida tags....
And here is one other item up for discussion: Do you think my southern accent will help me or hurt me when I apply for a job? Or neither?

If you can take being made fun of these western people love to tip us poor southern folk that work in the service industry!

I have something of a hick accent and I've never been treated with anything but kindness in CA/AZ.

Reading this gets me excited for my trip! I was feeling kind of down the last few days but not now! Thanks everyone!

muddy said:
I have something of a hick accent and I've never been treated with anything but kindness in
That's cus they be a feared of floks like usens.

Hi Lisa, I look forward to meeting you at RTR. I think the way you went about making this big change in your lifestyle is just plain awesome.

Sassy

Momentous occasions:
- I met another vandweller (shoutout to Tomco!)
- Today is my birthday
- This month is my one-year Vanniversary!

Lterry that is Tomcor, hope you are doing OK and happy birthday.

Well. Happy Birthday!
Years ago this South Jersey Piney lived in Texas for a couple years. I was amused when Texacans said I had a heavy accent. But when I returned to the forest, my friends said I had a Texas accent.

Trying to find shade in Quartzite BLM. I have been to Joshua tree Natl park, Slab City, San Areas faultline, and Salton Sea in the past few days. Pics to follow. Right now just enjoying how quiet BLM at the Q is.

Well I Was going to add a picture of my van in the shade of a tiny tree but I guess the mobile version of the site doesn't let you add pics? There's no "add picture" icon wheetit normally is when I am on my laptop.