The OG American RV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0zbh

Reaction score
Saw this in Kansas City and yes they use it as an RV. Some will think this is funny, but it is true.

Attachments

• RV1.jpg
    RV1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 26
The early version of a tent camper. I saw a guy a few years back with a team headed down the road. I think there is still an adventure company that uses them.

they use it as an rv?
tow down the road behind a vehicle?

hope they did some mods on axles and tires for highways LOL

I don't imagine that back in the day they did much with those that could be considered recreational. They were essentially moving vans.

RoamerRV428 said:
they use it as an rv?
tow down the road behind a vehicle?

No they use OX If you know about History Independence, Mo just east of Kansas City was the head of the Santa Fe, Oregon, California trails. There was some people following the trail the old fashioned way.

An antique image [grainy black and white] of an antique covered wagon. Interesting.

Wayne, it was shot with IR Film The negative was scanned. I also play with Tintype.

Saw a truck camper on a trailer once 
.They had taken the grunt window out that would match up with the truck back window and was driving a team of mules through the window. They were on a cross country trip. They were in middle tn headed east.

wayne49 said:
An antique image [grainy black and white] of an antique covered wagon. Interesting.

Oh! Sassy!! :cool:

Those wagons are more for hauling freight. IMO it’s the sheep herder or gypsy wagons that are truly more liveable.