The Kentucky Hillbilly is here now. Hi Y'all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Childers

Reaction score
Not a full timer, but we enjoy our trips.  Had several travel trailers.  About to get a Truck Camper for the Ford SuperCrew.  Hope to be on the road a bit in the Spring. Now that we are both retired we will have more time for the good life.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Larry! Congratulations on your retirement! We love pictures so please post some when you get your camper!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum and I say this as a hick that grew up in the corn fields of Michigan. :)

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

You've made a good choice in joining up with us !   I'm sure you'll realize it soon.  

I think you'll like that Pickup Camper.  Will it have Legs  so you can leave it at camp and use the Pickup
to go run errands or do some sight seeing ?

Ad-Photo-16425-1.jpg

When I saw this guys rig I had to laugh.  By his putting his Pickup camper in a trailer made of a Pickup bed
he can take his utility Trailer with him too.   We're only limited by our imaginations I guess.

cb64bfbb0350f74cc6fb60f9d164862d.jpg

From a distance your friends may think you're towing a   "5th Wheel"   :p 

Always glad to see another Hillbilly come to the board !

I tend to not remove the camper partially because of the unstable nature of the stands and no where to put her down, i am always looking for a good system to hold it at loading height off the truck.

Welcome from a fellow hillbilly, my family straddles the Ohio River in Ohio and WV.

There is a camper lift that pivots down to lift basically two rectangles of tubing on either side of the camper which makes it very stable when off the truck. but most people use plastic pallets under the camper floor for support. Welcome Larry from a former Ashland hick now living in Utah