The House That Jack Built

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the duplicate pics. I am on my phone and lucky I got them posted at all

6 x 12 vee nose cargo trailer. Dual battery sytem, but does not yet have solar. He gets 3 days off each battery, including lights, stereo, TV and internet. All led lights, propane camp stove. The table folds down to accommodate a 600 pound Berman scooter. Skid strip on fold down door in back to prevent slipping when it is wet. Jack lives in FL in the winter in a larger rv, then travels in his cargo trailer in the summer. He has no built in toilet or shower facilies, but generally stays in parks where he does not need his own. He could put a Porta Potty in the section between his bed and kitchen sink if he needed to do so.

Nice deal he has going on! Any idea what he pulls that rig with and what the mpg would be?

Though my RAV4 has a Lexus engine in it (strong as heck) I think I would need a smaller trailer if I went this route to still get good mpg.

John

[ATTACH=full said:
6346[/ATTACH] pid='185893' dateline='1457199346']Nice deal he has going on! Any idea what he pulls that rig with and what the mpg would be?

Though my RAV4 has a Lexus engine in it (strong as heck) I think I would need a smaller trailer if I went this route to still get good mpg.

John

Attachments

• 20160305_124236.jpg
    20160305_124236.jpg
    825.8 KB
That thing is nice.  I could  build an entire mini home with one of those.

It is a Ford F150. Don't know the year. I will ask him about mileage if I catch him, again. He is elusive.  I have been trying to catch him there for a couple months so I could get pics. He was still building a couple years ago when we were last here.
 Not sure why I can't add text once I  have added a pic.

Hahaha! Is it the forum flipping your photos or are you posting left handed photography? The forum shows them upside down but correct when you click on the photo. Alls good, just wondering. :)

John

Konaexpress said:
Hahaha! Is it the forum flipping your photos or are you posting left handed photography? The forum shows them upside down but correct when you click on the photo. Alls good, just wondering. :)

John

I have no idea. If you click on them, they go rightsideup. I fiddled with them trying to make them right and ended up with duplicates that I  could not remove. I figured anyone who was smart enough to do their own build was smart enough to outwit my stupid phone and see the pics.

Konaexpress said:
Nice deal he has going on! Any idea what he pulls that rig with and what the mpg would be?

John

Gas mileage is complicated. You only tow the trailer to where you are going. Then, you park it and get around more nimbly in your car without hauling all your stuff around with you. So, how do you plan to travel? 

Wiki says your towing capacity is 1500 lbs. I am pretty sure that the 6x12 trailer weighs more than that empty. Not sure this will work for you unless you trade in your car for something with more towing capacity.

My 6x12 trailer weighs 3200 lbs fully loaded with a motorcycle inside also. It doesn't affect my milage really, but I tow it with a Ram 2500 diesel that is rated at something like 17,000 lbs tow capacity. That said, I wouldn't tow it with a RAV4, but I wouldn't hesitate to tow it with anything rated at 5000 lbs capacity like most mid size SUVs.

BTW, you see that wallhanging? That is a quilt one of the neighbor women made for Jack out of all his old Sturgis shirts. Got to be a dozen shirt fronts in that quilt.