The Adventures of Hannah

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ainley53

Reaction score
Well today is the big day. The official beginning for the Adventures of Hannah. To all my family and friends in S. Fulton, TN/Fulton, KY area I bid you farewell until we meet again. To my Masonic brothers at Robert's Lodge #172 and Ken-Tenn Shriner's Club
it has been a true honor and my great pleasure to have been associated with such wonderful Christian fellows. I'll miss you all very much.
I'll be leaving S. Fulton, TN this morning. First stop at the hospital in Mayfield, KY to say "See ya later" to my good friend (Jimmy 'Chico' Luker). Then heading up the Purchase Pkwy to Lake City, KY where I'll catch Hwy 453, The Trace Rd, south through The Land Between the Lakes to Dover, TN. Then Hwy 49 over to Pasquo, TN where I'll hop on the north end of The Natchez Trace Pkwy on my way to the south end of it and then across Louisiana to east Texas and on to Houston. I'll probably only go as far as the Meriwether Lewis Campground today which is just south of Gordonsburg, MS.
For all you people who have been 'naggin' me for pictures; I'll get some posted. LOL

David! So good to hear from you. Like Karen said, I've been wondering about you. Missed you at last year's RTR. I hope Q is on your schedule for January. Looking forward to seeing both you and your build out if it is. Take care and safe travels. Suanne

ainley53 said:
 To my Masonic brothers at Robert's Lodge #172 and Ken-Tenn Shriner's Club
it has been a true honor and my great pleasure to have been associated with such wonderful Christian fellows. I'll miss you all very much.

For all you people who have been 'naggin' me for pictures; I'll get some posted. LOL
My Daddy was a Mason. He was a good man. My oldest brother said  " he was the kindest man I ever knew ". A true Mason.
Safe travels to you.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=medium]Del Gue - Jeremiah Johnson.[/size]
[/font]

Wow! David! So good to hear you and Hannah are on your way! I can't wait to see pictures.

Happy trails!!!

Hey David, I too have wondered what you were up to and how Hannah turned out. I probably won't make it out west until late Spring, but hopefully I'll see you on the road some day. If you're ever in the Colorado Springs area be sure to look me up. Safe travels.

Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017, I waved goodbye to Houston, TX and headed north on Hwy 36. Destination Elk City, OK. Arrived Monday, Oct. 16 about 1:00pm. Going to look around. May be here 5-6 days then head west eventually arriving in the general area of Quartzsite, AZ.

Hannah and I are cooling our heels in the Lake Havasu City area, waiting to enjoy Jamie's van build out party starting Nov 01-14.  After that I probably head over to Ehrenberg while waiting for RTR 2018.

IMG_20171025_065606.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171025_065606.jpg
    IMG_20171025_065606.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 11
Nice looking bus! Have you had to use the wench? Do you have a Pull Pal or some type of anchoring device? Did you do a build page? Sorry for all the questions. I really like buses but just figured the expense and trouble especially if you got stuck would be overwhelming, but looks like you may have figured it out.

Thanks bullfrog. Haven't used the winch yet, just tested it to be sure it worked. Got it on sale at Harbor Freight, 12,000 lbs. It has a 100' of cable on the spool so hoping I can make do with that. It's one of those "just in case" items. I try to be very careful of where I go. I started a build page but haven't finished it. Got busy with the build and then busy helping family and friends. By the time I got the bus finished I was too eager to get on the road to work on the build page. It's on my "to do" list now that I have the time.

Well, I guess it's about time for an update. Spent 2 weeks in Lake Havasu City, AZ, then some time in Ehrenberg, AZ. then back to LHC for 2 more weeks. FINALLY at RTR 2018. I've already met several of the friends I made 2 years ago at my first RTR and originally parked near them. But alas, the last 2 months have been spent in close proximity to a constantly yapping little dog and now I discover the guy behind me has one. It barked at everything until after dark and started again this morning before daylight. I'm sorry, my friends, but it was more than I could stand. Went for a drive for a few hours to find my sanity and when I returned, I found a spot not so close to the center of things and with no yappy dogs within hearing range. I'll see you guys at the seminars.
Now I know how Bob feels by the end of RTR. BTW, Bob, if you PM me, I'll tell you where I am.