Testing the Waters

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byeceeya

Reaction score
Hi All.&nbsp; It's been awhile since I visited here.&nbsp; I've been planning, building, testing and making little "trips" to get my feet wet.&nbsp; I'm still working in Virginia, and looking forward to retirement this fall at which time I'll head for SC.&nbsp; No more winters for me.&nbsp; My 91 Chev G20 is very usable as is, except for the completion of the shower/plumbing installation.&nbsp; But even though I still rent a room in an upscale neighborhood, I often don't go home from work.&nbsp; Instead, I've found a cozy spot behind a 7-11, a parking lot owned by an adjacent business where lot's of people park for commuting.&nbsp; Sleeping isn't a problem, curtains over the back door windows, sun shield in the windshield, side windows are filled, curtain behind the seats.&nbsp; I was concerned that the confines of the van would be a problem, but no sireee.&nbsp; Nice and cozy.&nbsp; And it saves gas not going home, being only a mile and a half from work. I usually spend 4-5 nights in the van, preferring it over the room I rent, especially when "she" has two dogs that bark at shadows.&nbsp; I've a couple other places to park for now, I'll be out of the room lease at the end of August, so full timing is not only a matter of choice but of necessity as well.&nbsp; So, it won't be long till the captain of this domain is in control of the ship.<br />Cheers,<br />Jesse

I'm sure it is.&nbsp; I'll have a temp long-term base in SC near my brother's house and I expect some journeys into FL are in the works.&nbsp; Since I can't seem to give up my motorcycle, I'll have to trailer it along to SC but will use it for "outlands" rides.&nbsp; Maybe we'll meet up this winter?