Tesla Charger Ehrenberg & Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy2

Reaction score
Quartzsite, AZ Supercharger1451 West Main St 
Quartzsite, AZ 85346

[size=small]Ehrenburg, AZ Supercharger 11 Frontage Road North[/size]
[size=small]Ehrenberg, AZ 85334[/size]

8 Car SuperCharger station 

Hopefully other companies will do the same  

Quick Charge - House battery - 
makes have Air Conditioner - EASY -

Opens up More places that Travelers can live in -

we have been over this time and time again on the forum. most of these charging stations are for Electric Vehicles(EV's) only. you CAN NOT recharge your house battery at them.

do you have some type of proof that you are allowed to use them for non EV charging.

highdesertranger

You have no clue what you are talking about -

"You have no clue what you are talking about"

I just checked it was you started this very same hoax 1 year ago. unless you provide documentation from the owners of the charging station stating that using their electricity for charging non EV vehicles is ok you will not be allowed to post on this subject again.

last year I provided documentation stating it was not legal.

so it's easy for you, show proof or don't post again on the subject. period, I don't want to hear any BS on the subject only proof.

I posted this on the open forum so everybody could see. if anybody comes up with proof that you can legally charge your house batteries at the stations post it up.

highdesertranger

How would you even plug an RV or anything with 'house batteries' into a Tesla Supercharger? Those chargers communicate thru an app AND the onboard computers in the Tesla, (and only provide power once that 2-way 'handshake' is complete) not to mention that they have a proprietary plug and socket. 

I don't see how you could charge an RV or van house batteries at a Tesla charging station....but if it is somehow possible, please explain.

If you plan to install Tesla batteries and charging system in a van or RV and make it work...well maybe...but I don't know if that is possible either.

The car communicates with the charger ped. (Canbus, I Think) If the software in your charger is compatible, the unit will work. Superchargers are 400VDC but Chargepoint and Blink are 240VAC. It wouldn't surprise me if someone makes a charger that will charge batteries other than a Lithium Ion traction battery but what's the point, you can do this with a regular charger and a regular electrical outlet. I don't think the charger owners care who uses it or for what, so long as you are a paying customer.

I use Chargepoint quite a bit for my car. Blink not so much.

I have yet to bring the car along and plug it into the Ped at an RV resort, but it draws 40A continuously for 3+ hours, so not sure some campground peds can handle that type of load.

Arizona Revised Statute 28-876 Parking spaces for electric vehicles; civil penalty
A. A person shall not stop, stand or park a motor vehicle within any parking space specially designated for parking and fueling motor vehicles fueled exclusively by electricity unless the motor vehicle is powered by electricity and has been issued an alternative fuel vehicle special plate or sticker pursuant to section 28-2416.
B. If a law enforcement officer finds a motor vehicle in violation of this section, the law enforcement officer shall issue a complaint to the operator or other person in charge of the motor vehicle or, if an operator or other person is not present, to the registered owner of the motor vehicle for a civil traffic violation.
C. A person who is found responsible for a violation of this section is subject to a civil penalty of at least three hundred fifty dollars. Notwithstanding section 28-1554, the civil penalties collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited in the state general fund.

so thanks to Spiff he has shown that this is not legal in Arizona for a non-EV. so any more posts describing ways to skirt the law and illegally charge a house battery in AZ will be deleted. highdesertranger

Just so you know the lodge here at Bullfrog in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area hosts several fishing tournaments with sometimes 100 bass boats needing to charge up trolling motor batteries has 110 volt AC outlets strung all around the parking lot. I have seen several EV cars plugged in overnight as many others that need power for whatever reason and it is free to use. You are not allowed to camp plugged in for free but if you need to charge up batteries it should be no problem. If you are ever here and need a power source just ask at the front desk. I imagine any lake that hosts these type events has a way to accommodate you.