Technomadia has signed onto a PBS show about RVers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
[size=undefined] From the Press Release:[/size]

[size=undefined]
FourPoints Television produces the award-winning series The Aviators, the world’s most popular aviation TV series, entering its 8th season on PBS, iTunes, Amazon, etc. with a worldwide viewership of more than 50 million in over 100 countries. As avid RVers, the time has come for us to embark on an Aviators spin-off catering to an RV audience, The RVers.
The show will take viewers along for the ride as RV-celebrity hosts provide an in-depth look at each and every aspect of the world of RVing catering to the specific needs of the viewer, with hosts mindfully serving as facilitators serving those needs. Stunning photography, emotive insights, strategic direction, and masterful writing and editing ensures that The RVers will far and away be superior to any other RV show ever produced…
[/size]

[size=undefined]https://www.technomadia.com/2018/10...FUrjR3kCuttQ4xPiQMe7sAjdKkxk-DUfh7XpVw[/size]

Argh! On my phone. Can't get rid of the coding

I watch very little tv, I’d check that out. Hopefully they can find a bit of an edge.

Maybe a hugh domestic fight over which latest and greatest solar alarm security system to buy and which provides stand alone GPS locators. The next episode would have them zapping each other with solar powered tasers followed by a computerized automatic alert to the medivac provider. Then making up via mind controled text messages. I cann't wait!!!

This is going to be followed by parodies with puppets... 

Good to see they're not going to focus on false drama. Tami.

QinReno said:
Good to see they're not going to focus on false drama. Tami.

LOL, yeah, much better than, "This episode, three RV'ers compete to see who's first to start a campfire and make a delicious cup of this week's sponsored coffee from Acme Beanco!   Our two top choices will face-off in a hot-dog boiling competition, and the loser will be sent home in tears!"

we will have to disagree on that. to me Nomadic Fanatic is a drama queen. highdesertranger

As we all know from the recent other thread, Nomadic Fanatic has now gone over 50,000,000 (50 million) views. An RVer record, I think. OTOH, Tami is still down around 600,000 and half of those came from just one video, "Oh Woe is Me: Ending RV Life". So, maybe two drama queens (???), but one obviously has a more interesting message. One actually travels, the other just sits and whines.

Interesting that one of the producers is an actual full-timer himself, and in fact will be the "lead" for Class B RVs.

What I love about my life is that it's REAL reality. I have no need of "virtual reality," especially as it relates to full-time van/RV travel. There's a meteor shower again tomorrow night. The Orionids. If you're in a dark sky location, look toward Orion after midnight!

The Dire Wolfess

We'll have to see how badly (goodly ??) NF does. Seems to be a lot of people here don't like him, but he's gone to 1000 places I'll never get to. And where I don't want to go to either. I like youtube channels that I can use to pick places to visit and not-visit. Just so long as they don't get a lot of RV Professional-Whiners on the show.

People may not know it, but Bob Wells is a major figure in the Nomadland book. Celebrity RVer.
- https://www.amazon.com/Nomadland-Surviving-America-Twenty-First-Century/dp/039324931X

There was a thread recently about NF. I think it's a riot. NF appears to be the "most" successful youtube RVer with over 50,000,000 views and people here are poo-pooing him. For my part, I can't fault a guy who is so successful at what he's doing, whether you like him or not. He knows something most people don't. 

In regards Bob, Jessica Bruder mentions him in this interview starting about 2:50. She reviews the book.

I hadn't seen it before but Bob himself talked about her book,

When Bruder went to RTR several years ago, there were only 60 RVs that attended. Imagine that, LOL.

Interesting comment in JB's interview.

20:49
when I took I talked to Monique
20:51
Morrissey at the Economic Policy
20:52
Institute she was telling me this is the
20:54
first ever reversal in retirement
20:57
security in modern American history
20:58