Swamp ass

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

Reaction score
Man it's been hot here. 1 day of skipping a shower in this heat and swamp ass is gonna happen.

Looking forward to a nice long shower at the good gym tomorrow (we won't talk about the showers at the BAD gym, which is much closer to where I park overnight).

Avoid swamp ass. That is all.

Trees are your friend!!! The shade should prevent swamp-ass as long as you have a door open!

Good advice! Trouble is being active all day outside the van. Doing stuff at storage mostly, laundromat too.. Avoid food items at taco bell with beans .. at all costs!

Big generic container of baby wipes can help that! Quick clean-up will make you feel better until you can get to your shower! :)

A package of Beano can be your friend, no need to fear "Taco Hell"....... I love their burritos! :)
I did find that I will go easy on the canned "Cajun Sausage Gumbo" though. Whoowee....... kept 'out-gassing' the rest of the evening.
Walmart's pharmacy aisles (not in the Pharmacy but just outside it) have those little 'samples' of stuff - nice smaller sizes for camping. They also have an assortment of empty bottles, one of which is a small pump spray bottle - I am thinking it would be perfect for a personal hygiene kit for van dwelling! Small enough to discreetly carry into the store restroom.

This product is pricey, but it is worth it for instant relief: Balmex Adult Care Rash Cream. I think I found it in the incontinence section of the store. It goes with me on every tent camping trip!

*peeks around the corner* I must admit, I had to google it, roflmao. Thanks for the giggle. ;)

And we motorcycle riders wear by "Anti Monkey Butt" powder! Great for long days 'in the saddle'........
Got mine at Tractor Supply Store. Also available at Walgreens.

2dtrecj.jpg

I never thought of anything to stop the pants and such from sticking to my butt when riding. My back keeps me from long rides so it never got too bad but it is annoying to have to stand up and pull my pants away from my butt at the stop lights.

I first heard the term from some guys in South Lake Tahoe. Kinda funny, kinda gross =)

yeah I thought you were talking about my ex, she was from Louisiana. highdesertranger

Fresh, Cool, and it KILLS all the bacteria (& yes, the problem is caused by bacteria):
Monthly Cost: $5; large bag of baby wipes $4.00 + bottle of 93% rubbing alcohol $1.00

Best bacteria cure, as well as long term fix, is to pour a little splash of rubbing alcohol onto the baby wipes.
One wipe (w 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon of rubbing alcohol) to do the back of ears, neck, arm pits, then man-boobs. (if still clean use wipe to start secondary areas)
Second wipe (again w alcohol) on hands, then stomach, penis, front of crotch-vee, & ball-sack.
Third & final baby-wipe (yes, w alcohol) re-wipe crotch, then hips, and ass-crack.
(don't forget the "tant" area)

Using these tactics most important in humid enviros. Or when you have a "hot" nights sleep.

You will get results the first day. Hopefully all problems solved by third day.

Clean undies every day. Clean shirt every second or third day.

Anyway, that is "how I roll"

Peace n Joy to all my Brothers in FREEDOM,
f

flailer, very good info, graphic, but very good! :)

The rubbing alcohol doesn't sting or dry out the skin?
Bob

akrvbob said:
flailer, very good info, graphic, but very good! :)

The rubbing alcohol doesn't sting or dry out the skin?
Bob

YES, alcohol can (& will) do both those things.
--- BUT when I get itchy ass and or body odor I know that it is ALWAYS caused by bacteria.
--- ALSO, oily skin is part of the problem when I have monkey-butt.
--- Periodic use: I use wipes daily, but only pour on the rubbing alcohol once or twice a week, unless I need it more often. This minimizes drying the skin out.
--- Alcohol wiping the arm-pit TOTALLY stops my body odor. Deodorant and the like dont help my BO (body odor); but the Alcohol applications KILLS the growth of bacteria (that cause the odor). I learned this from my FAVORITE nurse, who allows me to park periodically on here property.
--- Doing this means I can get away without taking showers for a loooong time (you tell me how long next time we meet, ok? lol wink wink

Stinging:
--- I am glad you asked about the stinging. If my monkey butt has gotten that bad (such that alcohol causes stinging) then I have allowed it to get out of control. And usually one application of alcohol will bring it back to a more manageable level.
They use to sell alcohol wipes, but stopped..... I think the stinging is why.

Both your points are valid - and personal observation is (obviously) needed.

Lastly, I really like using "Dr. Bronner's" Peppermint (liquid) soap. I use it almost exclusively, when using soap. It leaves a GREAT coolness, tingle in my "neather-regions". And I believe it supports (minimizes) the need for alcohol wipes. Available at your local hippie supply shop, trader joes, etc.

okay okay, one more "last" thing. I really dislike using any of those monkey-butt powders. I firmly believe that they can make the problem worse (as they absorb moisture, causing the places where it is applied to become "caked". Alcohol does just the opposite; just allow it to air dry, and you are clean an fuzzy-free.

May Peace, Joy, & tingling nether-regions be enjoyed by all my Road-Warrior friends,
flailer

p.s. I dilute Dr Bonner's (liquid) soap as it is about 10x stronger than typical soaps - this also means it is a cost effective solution
(solution, get it? any chemistry people on here? No? oh well.)