Survival tips for Baltimore Maryland?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if the local authorities wanted to effectively enforce their no sleeping in vehicles law, I'm sure those dweller-friendly business would go along.

Sure. But there's no reason for either of them to bother. It's nearly all people just passing through while traveling. Most Cracker Barrels are located right off a highway exit, so they are easy for travelers to get to. And since Cracker Barrel is not as well-known as Walmart, they don't have the same difficulties with homeless people trying to live there forever or making a mess in their parking lots.

Even in cities which strictly enforce their no-parking laws, I never had any trouble at all in a Cracker Barrel.

I think they would offer you a job at Cracker Barrel and help you find a better place to park, they seem to just be that kind of establishment.

'Pit Beef' is NOT bbq....order medium rare with onions (raw) and Tiger Sauce (mild horseradish sauce). Though I like mine with straight horseradish added as well...cleans the sinuses.
Chesapeake Blue Crab is the BEST crab in the world...learn how to properly 'pick' a crab to avoid embarrassment. (that's 'pick' as in pick apart. not pick as in choose). Eat with melted butter and Old Bay seasoning.
Find Attman's Deli on Lombard street...order a "Coddie" and pick up some Berger cookies.

https://www.saveur.com/essential-foods-baltimore

^^ Alas, I have never liked crab--I always thought the payoff was not worth the effort involved to get it. Give me a lobster tail instead. :)

(But yes, there were some very good seafood restaurants near the Inner Harbor in Boston. Alas, I do not remember their names.)