Stove options for heat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.. 140 hours per gallon.. 20 lb tank is I beleive 4.7 gallons... I also confused the btu's.. It's 3200 on lo and 4500 on high. They claim 100 hours on high per gallon. I would think it would depend on a few factors, plus be hard to judge if your cooking and running a fridge etc... I think the p12000 is 8000 btu on high.. Might account for the difference... I guess it's a case of if you put it in, it uses what it uses.. So choose wisely if you even need it.

Krenov72 said:
Yes.. 140 hours per gallon.. 20 lb tank is I beleive 4.7 gallons... I also confused the btu's.. It's 3200 on lo and 4500 on high. They claim 100 hours on high per gallon. I would think it would depend on a few factors, plus be hard to judge if your cooking and running a fridge etc... I think the p12000 is 8000 btu on high.. Might account for the difference... I guess it's a case of if you put it in, it uses what it uses.. So choose wisely if you even need it.

I thought the P9000 was 9000 BTUs and the P12000 was 12000 BTUs hence the name. My stove is hooked up separately from my cooker so not too hard to figure out. I bought mine off craigslist Vancouver second hand thought I was buying the P9000 but it turned out to be the P12000 they use the same tag on both of them so the seller was not to blame in the end I had to install it in a different spot but it all worked out, glad I have it now.