Stick Fight

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimistic Paranoid

Reaction score
We were discussing tire thumpers and baseball bats in another thread.  This short video just popped up on Youtube . . .

[video=youtube]

lol...I watched that earlier today. The guy with the biggest stick made a poor choice in weaponry!

BradKW said:
lol...I watched that earlier today. The guy with the biggest stick made a poor choice in weaponry!

Actually, I've heard the English Quarterstaff - you know, the Robin Hood thingy - described as "the finest non-explosive hand weapon ever devised".

If true, then clearly this guy didn't know how to use it effectively.

Actually, the real take away from this is how little damage either of them did.

If you're going to carry a tool for self-defense, you have to know how to use it and you have to PRACTICE with it regularly, or you're just kidding yourself.

Regards
John

I've actually been thinking more and more of picking up and learning the bo staff. After all it is truly a defensive weapon and nothing more that a straight hardwood stick.
It would be nice for those places I can't carry a firearm and as a walking stick. You get a range advantage over most other contact weapons, don't have to draw blood or kill like with a bladed weapon and have a decent speed for follow up strikes. One of the problems is most of the "training" taught is nothing more than rehearsing dances rather than real situations.

Warning, loud and annoying music.

It was a typical bout of road rage. Some people just need to let off a little steam once in a while. No harm done.

If someone is standing outside my truck raging I try to calm them down. If they reach inside, though, it's going down.

If anyone takes a stick or bat to me, I'm running. I want no part of that. There will be no discussion, the only thing you will see is my backside at a distance. While these two guys didn't seem to cause serious harm, that is lethal force being used. That easily could've been a bad deal.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
We were discussing tire thumpers and baseball bats in another thread.  This short video just popped up on You
  ya'll just overlook me.......i had sumpi'n  to say, changed what's left of my mind and cain't figure out how to back off this  ^%$*&#$@(*??")  *&^$#%^&*  thing,   i'm a baaaaaad girl!   peace out, tjb     :angel:

Nether of them knew how to use the wepons they had. The man w/ the sudo Bo staff could have taken out the other guy w/o getting in range of his weapon.
The moment he chose to use it like a bat he lost.

I've worked w/ a staff for about 15 years and would be willing take on most other weapons w/ it (minus projectile weapons), but like anything you have to practice w/ it.

Latest posts