Stealth in Acadia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmirko

Reaction score
First post here, seem to be the place for van and RV budget people! :D

Anyone know where to park a stealth van in Acadia National Park? If you prefer you can answer in private.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL Bobmirko !
Are you already there ? Sorry about the wet weather and fog ! That's part of life here on the Maine coast.

I've tried to answer that question before and it's a tough one , even in a slow year .
But this year is Acadia's 100th anniversary and WOW are there a lot of people visiting everywhere in Maine !!!

Most of the free camping area's are in western Maine in the forest and it wouldn't surprise me if that was full too.

I'm having trouble finding parking spots and I'm from here !
There are usually parking lots next to boat launch ramps .
Cabella's in Scarborough is good for a night.
LLBean in Freeport has an area that's good for a night or two.

Tell me where you are and I might be able to help more.

Hi, we plan to be there next week.

As rock climbers we will really appreciate to be close to the east side of Mount Desert Island to be closer to the climbing spots. There is some parkings spots for the trailhead and some pullouts. Can we just park there for a night or two without getting problems with the Rangers?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I don't know about that.
I don't go there very often , 100+ miles away , and we have scenery like that on a lot of islands and shorelines around here .
Guess you could call the park and ask ....

National Parks are very strict about overnight camping, must be in a designated campground. I would look for a pullout on unposted private land, with trees screening your camper from view. Try not to stay more than one night in a row. Curb camping in town is also an option, if you have a low-key rig.