Starting over

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbmomma

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am not yet in a van but I making plans now to do so. First gotta sell my house. I moved to Corpus Christi,bought a house after my husband died and thought that this would be my retirement place and lived here 8 yrs. Now the itch has returned. My husband  and I had moved many places during our marriage. I am now 70 .I am young at heart but old of body and I am dying by degrees from just sitting around. I did garden but arthritis has put an end to that. My son states I need to get traveling again  to which I agree. So my next stop is to Arkansas and the to Florida's panhandle. Just gotta sell my house........

Welcome Mcbmomma to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forums, it's great that your family supports you traveling. Best of luck to you with getting your itch taken care of. Hope to see you on the road someday.

Welcome to the forum. I sincerely hope you find what you’re looking for.

Cool! Hope the house sells fast for you and you get out there and find new adventures, it is good for the mind, body and soul :) Let us know how you do when you get the house gone and buy a van and hit the road!! Fingers crossed it all falls into line for you quick!

This is a great time to be selling a house in Texas. The real-estate industry is typically "feast or famine." Right now it feast for sellers. That could blow up in the next two years. Some people say that now is the best time to sell. Good luck getting into an RV or conversion van. Prices on those will drop soon enough as the summer RVing industry goes into winter. People build their own rigs because most RV's are built cheaply. There is one company that builds with all aluminum, but they are trailers. So there is nothing to rot out that way. Trailers can be more difficult if you are alone. Backing into places can be a challenge at first. Some Class B motorhomes are really nice and really expensive. There are custom conversion van companies out there too.

Have fun. Welcome to the Nomads.