Soon to be full time in a GMC Yukon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonHo!

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm in the process of becoming full time and have just been camping out on weekends when I can. I try to keep things as cheap as I can which is why I have this beautiful Yukon I got from a family member with a blown transmission for $650 which I think was a deal. I traded a friend my Subaru for him to rebuild my trans and install it for me (he owns a shop) the rest of the vehicle has 218k miles and I've been tackling all the maintenance myself. So far I've done plugs, wires, knock sensors w/ harness, updated Dorman intake manifold, fuel filter, air filter, fluid changes/flushes. I ran some atf in the engine to help clean any varnish or deposits that were making the lifters tick and that combined with some synthetic oil seem to have cured the lifter issue. I still need to do some other work like rear shocks (one is leaking) and the wheel bearings are making noise. I have all the service records and all the accessories (alt,ps pump, water pump etc.) have been changed in the last 30k miles along with the fuel pump and brakes. For the interior I just removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats and made a platform to make the floor flush which allowed me to fit a nice twin mattress that I had. I can sit straight up on the mattress and it is very comfy! Future plans are to add solar with a deep cycle 27 series battery and make some blackout panels for the window. 
jpm4dh6

IMG_20171205_115519 (1).jpg
IMG_20171205_115528 (1).jpg
IMG_20171205_115558 (1).jpg
0yl6ear

08jxoh0

jpm4dh6
l1ezyaz

Attachments

• IMG_20171205_115558 (1).jpg
    IMG_20171205_115558 (1).jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20171205_115528 (1).jpg
    IMG_20171205_115528 (1).jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20171205_115519 (1).jpg
    IMG_20171205_115519 (1).jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 21
Welcome YukonHo! Very nice rig. I have a Yukon myself, and absolutely love it. Using mine as a tow vehicle, but I like how you've made your home in it. Gives me a fallback plan.

Would be cool if you could make it here for the RTR this year.

You would fit right in.

Well now, I've been looking at vans but I'm wondering if I should be looking for a Yukon instead. Looks comfy and cozy.

Welcome to the CRVL forums YukonHo!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Jim Plow said:
Would be cool if you could make it here for the RTR this year.

You would fit right in.

I cant make it this year but im planning for 2019! Im really looking forward to it though!

JohnnyK said:
Welcome YukonHo! Very nice rig. I have a Yukon myself, and absolutely love it. Using mine as a tow vehicle, but I like how you've made your home in it. Gives me a fallback plan.

Thanks! Im hoping it will work out for me full time!

dawnann7 said:
Well now, I've been looking at vans but I'm wondering if I should be looking for a Yukon instead. Looks comfy and cozy.

If both were the same price I would definitely take the van, but for the low price I couldn't pass it up!