Soon to be car dweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanteraSusie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am getting my car ready to hit the trails by November, I'm in Nevada (LV). I work right now and am awaiting my SS retirement. I have never done this before. I am a very adventurous soul, I live for our Lord. I just want to get out of this mess of existence and enjoy my life. I would like to be around others at least in the beginning while I learn what I need to know. So if anyone out there is boondocking in Nevada, please hit me up.
Thank you

Watch Bob's videos and think about joining the circuit as people move around. Best way to meet people on this forum, I would think.

What kind of setup are you using?

Hi, I'm in a Kia Soul. I have been watching Bob religiously, as well as others. I have removed my back seats, set up a shelf system in the back, set up a bed on the passenger side with some plywood I already had, as well as the shelving. It's been quite a project for me. I am now waiting for my social security to start in a few months. I am loaded with food and have about 15 days of water ready. also have my first aid, tools, SHTF stuff also, I still need to get solar and some odds and ends type supplies. 
I would love to meet up with some people including Bob. My first time ever trying something like this. I also have to do some tune up and extra tires for my car. I'm thinking about a trailer hitch and very small container so I don't load down my car too much. I have always loved to camp and have always been a bit of a loner. But I love people and am kinda like Bob, some time away is good. I'm by myself, no animals, but plenty of protection.  :angel:

Since you have some time waiting, maybe try a few days at a time to see what works for you and what doesn't...even an overnight somewhere. Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, otherwise! Enjoy!

Awesome SpanteraSusie, you really sound squared away. While it sounds like you won’t be ready to go in time for the WRTR, hope you plan on going to the RTR in January. It will help to fill in the gaps of what you don’t figure out on your own. There will be a ton of us newbies soaking up knowledge. Hope to see you there!

Las Vegas? I'm about to head out towards Vegas in a few days and wanted to ask you or anyone who might be able to give me the heads up about boondocking for days at a time, move around, park again, stay for a while then leave. I've been trying to sell my camper and move to Hawaii but its been a bit disappointing and stressful. Time is crucial and flying times with a small dog is an issue. My time in this world is coming to an end and at times I wonder which way to turn and make the best of what is left. I'd like to visit Vegas and see if there is an affordable piece of land also but Hawaii is 1st choice but the sale of the camper is what will make it happen, I should of bought a pull trailer instead of a camper. Living in your vehicle is one thing and can get stressful, lonely, and at times very depressing if you cannot afford RV campgrounds and nightly or weekly RV parking spots such as in some cases in Vegas where I hear its 20+ a night! Yeah, there is always the drive to some isolated area way out in the sticks or worse, the desert without a soul to speak to or take a walk and "try" to socialize. Some of us are true outcasts and have lived a life like no other and found themselves in a truck with a camper, like me, nowhere to run. Loneliness will kill more before anything else. I have always wondered why my life has become the way it is and why I have a hard time to meeting people and making friends. And as I have said many times before, I even tried to make friends with Jesus and follow his ways but not even that was successful and I was found unworthy. I got off the subject but what can I say... I wanted to know if there was any place or places in Las Vegas that one night have seen where vandwellers frequently park for more than a day or two? Thanks.

Mario, Hawaii is great and beautiful but it’s very expensive to try to live there.

It’s also extremely prejudiced towards mainlanders. You may find yourself much more lonely there. Crime is very high as well.

NomadicMario said:
Las Vegas? I'm about to head out towards Vegas in a few days and wanted to ask you or anyone who might be able to give me the heads up about boondocking for days at a time, move around, park again, stay for a while then leave. I've been trying to sell my camper and move to Hawaii but its been a bit disappointing and stressful. Time is crucial and flying times with a small dog is an issue. My time in this world is coming to an end and at times I wonder which way to turn and make the best of what is left. I'd like to visit Vegas and see if there is an affordable piece of land also but Hawaii is 1st choice but the sale of the camper is what will make it happen, I should of bought a pull trailer instead of a camper. Living in your vehicle is one thing and can get stressful, lonely, and at times very depressing if you cannot afford RV campgrounds and nightly or weekly RV parking spots such as in some cases in Vegas where I hear its 20+ a night! Yeah, there is always the drive to some isolated area way out in the sticks or worse, the desert without a soul to speak to or take a walk and "try" to socialize. Some of us are true outcasts and have lived a life like no other and found themselves in a truck with a camper, like me, nowhere to run. Loneliness will kill more before anything else. I have always wondered why my life has become the way it is and why I have a hard time to meeting people and making friends. And as I have said many times before, I even tried to make friends with Jesus and follow his ways but not even that was successful and I was found unworthy. I got off the subject but what can I say... I wanted to know if there was any place or places in Las Vegas that one night have seen where vandwellers frequently park for more than a day or two? Thanks.
I am new to this life due to the feeling that their isn't anywhere else for me..I cant give you any advise since I am seeking out the same..
I wish you much luck and hope on your own personal journey..

:) SpanteraSusie,  You might like to check into or join one the SW Caravans that are starting soon. Also be sure to come to the Womens RTR in early Jan in AZ.
Good Luck and see ya out there.  :)

I will definitely be heading that way for the WRTR and RTR from Fresno Ca. Hope to see ya there spanterasuzie..

Hi Susie, I have to reply to you because you wrote "I live for our Lord" and so do I. I'm planning to move into a van early next year ... meanwhile am taking some trips in my car and am starting to create travel videos for YouTube. I have a friend who wants me to go to the RTR with her - I will still be in my car in January as the van will come later. I hope we will meet there if not elsewhere. I'm in North Idaho for now.