• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! 1997 F350 Ambulance camper 7.3L Diesel Mesa AZ

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brlux

Reaction score
Hi I have been helping a friend with his ambulance camper getting it ready to sell as his family does not use it anymore. It is based on a 1997 F350 7.3L diesel with 220K miles. The rear box has been stripped down to the aluminum frame, insulated, and then re sheathed in plywood inside. That is about as far as the interior conversion got. There are a lot of exterior storage compartments that all lock and are keyed the same. The vehicle is 22.5' bumper to bumper, the exterior of the box is just under 8' wide and 12' long. The roof line is about 8.5' off the ground and the interior standing height is 5' 8". There are 12V LED lights in the ceiling, an Alpine car stereo mounted in the back with 4 speakers in the ceiling. It has an Exletech 1100W sine wave inverter and as part of the ambulance package it has a high output alternator. There is a 5000BTU AC mounted in the wall of the box and it can operate form the inverter when the vehicle is running or shore power when plugged in to a camp spot. The truck interior is in very good condition and the dash AC works. He is asking $6900 and it is parked at my place in Mesa AZ. Don't know if I can post a link to the Craigslist posting or not?

J43v0Sl.jpg
[/url][/img]

Thanks, When I say your setup it was really interesting to see the things they had in common. I really like what you have done with yours. If I didn't just take on a school bus project I would probably be all over it.

Leq9D9d.jpg)

uZRAJwi.jpg)

Yes, some common ground there. The 4x4 is important to me and the 5'8" standing room wouldn't easy work as I'm 6'4". But for someone with average height needs it definitely has potential.

My next big mod is to get super singles wheels/tires and get rid of the 19.5 dualies.

Good luck with y'all's sale!

Oh, btw, I'm headquartered in Mesa as well. Will be back that way soon.

Ya 4x4 would be nice, I suppose someone could swap in the parts from a 4x4 F350 if they were really serious about things. At least it has good ground clearance and a big hood to be able to access the engine unlike a van chase. This one is also an automatic transmission, you are really unique in having a manual needle in the hay stack. I like manuals and the majority of my vehicles are manual. 

I am 6' and have to bend my head down slightly but not to bad.

I have a friend that did the super single swap and lift kit on his F550. Mounted the Military Continental mpt-81 tires on them. It looks like a super sized pickup truck.

8hnv5zv.jpg)

Yep, that super single swap with the mpt81's is exactly what I'd like.
As far as 4x4 goes a good rear locker with good ground clearance is probably enough. I want to get a locker for the front of mine at some point.

If I had it to do over I'd probably go with a flatbed, F-350 SRW 7.3 or Mopar with Cummings, manual and rear locker. But when I got the F450 my plans were a little different...but, hey, we adapt and go on, right?

Sorry, I was out of town for a while. It is an automatic transmission. I believe the make is an E40D.

If the conversion isn’t complete, what is it titled as?

Sourcing insurance coverage on any type of DIY conversions can be problematic. Does it currently have insurance coverage?

It is titled as an F350 pickup truck. It does currently have insurance.