Solar power vs wind

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimo76

Reaction score
<br><div><br></div><div>So far I see I need some sort of inverter. &nbsp;Then the panels I have found some places that seem reasonable for their solar panels that fold up nicely. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>My main question would be how do you wire these to the batteries?</div><div>Where can I put the Batteries?</div><div>I plan on having 2 Batteries...&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>My use would be for laptops, phone and lights and heat when needed and maybe a fan or two.</div><div><br></div><div>Any instructional videos for dummies out there?</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><div>gimo76</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

The solar panel(s) wire's hook up to a solar controller (+ &amp; - in)...and then the controller goes to the batteries to charge them (+ &amp; - out)... Then the inverter connects to the battery (+ &amp; -) and the appliance you use connects to the inverter (plug in)... pretty simple, your using the solar to charge the batteries, when charged you use the inverter to convert the DC power to AC and use it to power your AC appliances...<br><br>As for where to put your batteries, best thing is to put them out of the way, yet easy to get to for install and maintenance...<br>

I have 2 twelve volt systems: the 2 golf cart batteries are enclosed in a gray storage bin with a vent system. The bins are cheap at walmart or the like. If you have solar it will be much easier for you to charge without plugging in. &nbsp;You can wire your batteries according to the voltage; 6 volt in series, or 12 volt in parallel. You will need fuses and BIG wire.&nbsp;