Small scanner recommendations

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most compact might be the sheet fed scanners. The canon flatbed can store on its side and it is thin.

There are apps for your phone that you can use to scan documents or photos.

They have a function that 'squares' the image and you can connect to a printer and print it.
There is no reason to haul around a scanner.

I do carry a portable printer/scanner combo, but have never used it.

I got this because I plan to do more research on my ancestors.

Sofisintown said:
There are apps for your phone that you can use to scan documents or photos.

They have a function that 'squares' the image and you can connect to a printer and print it.
There is no reason to haul around a scanner.

Thanks! I'll need to check on that. I have in the past tried using a pic taken with my camera that worked OK for  sending a copy of something small like a driver's license but didn't work so well for a full page.

Look at Adobe Scan and Microsoft Office Lens. Both work very well and auto square the document and enhance it. The key is good lighting. Watch for shadows.

I have used them both on large documents without any problems.

Shoot the images outside if you can't get the light right in the van.

I clicked on the thread thinking of something that picked up police and EMS frequencies, and ended up putting a scanner in my cart at amazon

How often would you need to scan documents?

Local public libraries can scan and print documents. Here in Amargosa Valley, the rate is $0.10 a page with no charge to use their computers.

^
Not very often. Lately I've sent some medical records to a couple of docs.

This year I may be switching to SD for residency and sending documents by email is fast and easy.

Last year I increased the limit on a credit card and sent a couple of things to an out-of-state credit union.

This year I may be taking out a loan with them also.

When I did a lot of traveling last year, a lot of libraries were closed because of COVID.

I live near Sierra Vista and the library there only has curbside service at this time.

Latest posts