simple art, on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav-2020

Reaction score
i do lots of different crafts, everything form sewing to painting, with sculpture and jewelry work thrown in.
still in a sticks&bricks but on track for my retirement.
i don't want to give up my creative outlet(s) so have been exploring crafts that take up a smaller footprint, storage-wise, and discovered alcohol inks. one small box holds everything you need (other than surfaces to ink!)

you can "ink" just about anything, non-porous surfaces for the most part, and some folks do silk & treated canvases as well. i also ink vellum and use for greeting cards.

here is a 4x4 ceramic tile, inked and sealed with spray gloss. i sell for $5 at craft fairs.

IMG_2560.JPG

I also do larger 6x6 inch "trivets" sell for $8

if you would like to see how these are made i posted a video on my blog, tagalongvagabond.com
here is the direct link to that particular post:
https://tagalongvagabond.com/2018/09/24/make-mine-a-double/

scroll down for video

happy crafting!

Attachments

• IMG_2560.JPG
    IMG_2560.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi Tav,
I just visited your blog earlier today, somehow found in my rabbithole wanderings. Very nice job! Although not an artist I have always enjoyed 'creating' things w/ my hands and intend to have an outlet for that once making the break.

I haven't been to a gathering, yet, but just thought that it would be very cool if there was a 'bartering' area setup where, instead of selling, nomads that create and produce could barter with others that do likewise.

I'll have to ask my daughter about alcohol inks, she's the resident artist of the family, lol.

Peace

I do photography and drawing while on the road. You really need a hobby if you are full time, at least I do.

Here I am:
BlanchBlanchard.com

There is a rubber tramp artist page on Facebook and there were rubber tramp art classes at the 2018 RTR. Lots of creative folks on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey MaTaLa! thanks for your kind words, still patching the blog back together after having to move it to new hosting. i barter all the time at craft shows, and think i read posts from rtr about barter/exchange opportunities. but have never been so can't say for sure.

Blanch! - love your photography! thank you for sharing your website, had not come across that in other threads. you have a great eye for framing a shot. stunning visuals.

Thanks. ^^ I just launched my website last week.

There are a lot of artists on the road. It is a truly wonderful way to pass the time, out in nature, making art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk