Shower brainstorming

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,
It would take some gas plumbing to make it run off of the green cylinders, I'd look more at the one gallon tank that Bob has shown several times, it's small and might be all you ever want. The Flash heater comes with a propane hose and a regulator, so all you'd need would be the tank.

I'd guess you could get lots of showers from the little tank, save the cost of the tank in about a month or so.

Corky

corky52 said:
Mike,
It would take some gas plumbing to make it run off of the green cylinders, I'd look more at the one gallon tank that Bob has shown several times, it's small and might be all you ever want. The Flash heater comes with a propane hose and a regulator, so all you'd need would be the tank.

I'd guess you could get lots of showers from the little tank, save the cost of the tank in about a month or so.

Corky
Thanks Corky, I just checked those out and that might be a better option for me.

Here's another LP question for anyone, is there a manifold out there for feeding more than one LP appliance?

Mike,
The question needs more definition, are we talking regulated pressure or straight from the tank?

Hoses change what connections are used, there are two and four connection manifolds out there but they are for non-regulated use, if you use them then you will have to make adapters to connect regulators for things like the WH, which uses regulated propane.

Corky

you can get the Zodi, it uses the little-ins by default.
its just handy having a bigger tank tho...for heater etc

Daz,
Six volt pump????? Looks way to complex for me, I want to just turn on the faucet and have hot water!

Corky

its 6volt...from 4 D batteries :)

the eccotemp style is more robust i think, it fires on trigger pull and has variable temp/pressure settings.

When I had my truck camper I had about a 24"X24" flat floor in front of the toilet. I fabricated a galvanized pan with about 6" high sides and a drain. Then I fastened a shower curtain above but made it a bit larger for elbow room. I put weights on the bottom of the curtain to keep it inside the pan, could use magnets with the metal pan. At first I just used a garden sprayer / 1 gal, yes 1gal. / with a dish wash sprayer like on some kitchen sinks attached to the hose. Worked fine but later I put a open top container, valved in line with my cold water only supply tank (with 12 volt pump) I would mix the water, heated on the stove to the proper temp and had a nice warm shower. We used it for years until we sold the TC.

Bob

Bob,
Now you could have just added the flash water heater and used cold straight from the system. I wish I had the skills to make stuff from tin like you did.

Corky

im leaning more toward linoleum, if done right it can form a tray.

just a heads up on linoleum. most is not waterproof it's water resistant. if you made a tub of linoleum and filled it with water. water will seep thru. having a full size shower is one of the many reasons I am building my own trailer. I will use an on demand water heater. highdesertranger

I thought vinyl was water proof, they use it in pool liner and rain coats right? Maybe there is different thickness of it. We have some scraps at my sister's place, maybe i will do some testing. Worst case scenario i could use it for walls and have a pan for bottom, after all im not planning on having long standing water.

I have made custom showers in vans and cabins using cheap Lowes vinyl flooring for walls and base with no leaks or seepage.

Use chamfer strips (45 degree) in all the corners to soften the bend in the flooring and avoid breaking the backing.

Just use good compatible adhesive, seam sealant, adequate laps with walls applied over the base that is folded and lapped up the walls a few inches. The corners where wall and floor meet usually needs to be cut and lapped- use butyl caulk behind the seam and the recommended seam sealer on the face.

Avoid seems as much as possible- one piece for floor, one piece for all three walls

Keep the wall material an inch or so up from the floor to prevent wicking .

Make sure the floor is pitched to the drain ( can be simply tilted to one corner, though I prefer center drain)

Install when warm, use a small J roller to get good adhesion, it can be handy to have extra hands on the walls.

YMMV

Post#30
Corky52

It was about 20+ years ago when I made that set up,not sure there was such a thing as the flash water heater at that time but the bottom line is, I'm "cheap" and all it cost me was a plastic 3 way valve and some plastic tubing.

Bob

My old pop-up t/c shower was a plastic utility sink 24x24" , they are pretty reasonable and come with drain and faucet, then the rest was two shower curtains and PVC rail. It was easy to store away when not in use and roomy as the curtain rail was larger at the top and tucked into the sink base.
The sink needed a little reinforcing under the floor area, I filled the voids with spray foam.

Id go that small if i had standing room, as it ks id haveta sit down in there.

attempt to. Someone pointed me to these kits, may be cheaper than buying the panels and choppin em up. not sure tho. How many panels would it take i guess is the question.

5 Piece tub surround

I think I'd be simple and lazy. A hoop, a shower curtain and a basin to catch the water and a rack to keep your feet out of the water. That way the space would be usable when you were not showering.

I dunno, cant shake the image of someone finding me the next day wrapped up like a giant plastic catepillar on the van floor unconscious where i got tangled and fell in the curtain lol

Latest posts