Shower brainstorming

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you see the movie Cocoon? You would awaken young and all. lol

jimindenver said:
I think I'd be simple and lazy. A hoop, a shower curtain and a basin to catch the water and a rack to keep your feet out of the water. That way the space would be usable when you were not showering.

And move it outside!

If it's warm enough to shower inside the van, it's warm enough to shower outside.

If you don't want to use the hoop, you could always use pvc pipe and elbows/t's to make the top.

"If it's warm enough to shower inside the van, it's warm enough to shower outside."

What if your Buddy heater has your van toasty, but outside is 20 degrees F.?

LeeRevell said:
"If it's warm enough to shower inside the van, it's warm enough to shower outside."

What if your Buddy heater has your van toasty, but outside is 20 degrees F.?

As someone who absolutely detests winter and has vowed that this will be my last time seeing that @#$% white stuff, if it were 20F outside, I'd be moving to someplace warmer...:D

Other alternatives - sponge bath, gym showers or stay dirty...:rolleyes:

Personally, I plan to just bathe daily by using a soapy spray bottle, wash cloth and bucket/sink. For a really good cleaning I'll go to a gym once a week for a real shower. Going thru the hassle of setting up a shower contraption just seems like a lot of effort.

which brings me back to a shower i can juat hop in :D I bird bath it now and while its ok, id like the full deal options. In my model van i cant fit through to the cab easily anway so i can use the real estate behind the seats for it.

corky52 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-HWD...52261&sr=8-1&keywords=triton+hot+water+heater
I use a tankless just hung on the wall next to my shower, added advantage in winter is that it keeps the shower area warm when your using it. Shower works nice at 45 lbs pressure from a standard pump.

This thing looks fantastic. I had no idea these things were available so inexpensively! So, can you plumb these things to both your shower AND kitchen sink? Does it really just fire up as soon as the water starts running? How long does it take to get up to temperature?

grant I don't have that model, I have a coleman. yes you can plumb them to your sink, shower, or whatever. yes it has a piezo ignition, as soon as water starts flowing it fires up, saving a lot of propane. it gets up to temp almost instantly, if you have a long hot water run it must purge the line of cool water before you get hot water. if you feel the water right out of the discharge it's instant. highdesertranger

DazarGaidin said:
Looking online i found some cheaper solutions to the insane shower walls etc that wouldnt fit anyway.  One guy used linoleum over ply with contact adhesive spray, caulked her up and was good.  said it lasted him ten yrs.  i was wondering if i applied corogated plastic sheets similarly, you think that would work?  How about just straight plastic sheets (not like trash bags, thick semi stiff sign type).  my work tosses a bunch of plastic signs and one or two coroplast signs every month.  they are white on opposite side, so....free white walls?  thoughts?

hell after an election day you could fine enough coroplast in front yards to do a whole van or ten

hi im new here,so I really don't know what im doin! but heres what I did, I went and bought a tarp 10 x10 rubberized ,opened a round hole in one corner put a sink drain in it with a hose to get the water out the door of the van,hung the corners around the inside the van interior in whatever I could( thats the hardest part finding something to hook it up to) stuck a hose I carry and connect to a spigot from a house or gas station and voila! shower! hav to be carefull about the opening otherwise yuoll wet everything, it worked very well but I realize that's here in south florida other colder places it will be very different .heck in south florida you don't need an inside shower,you can shower anywere theres a spigot!most of the time we just walk around in shorts and flip flops so u just grab the nearest hose and letit rip!

In some areas of the country they get frequent afternoon thunderstorms. Just add soap for a free outdoor shower.

I wash my van in the rain all the time.

I have done that too, and did scrub and rinse once in rain coming home when I had gotten dirty outdoors. Didn't want to track the gunk indoors! Florida summer rains can be nice and not too cold.

ccbreder said:
I waterproofed a plaster walril to convert a tub into a shower by using swimming pool paint. It is a rubberized paint that is used on concrete pools. It is not an epoxy but a one part coating. Epoxy should work. Just paint plywood walls.

Could I use swimming pool paint to make a plywood shower pan waterproof?
I have grey rubber membrane in there right now until i find a solution

I would think that basement paint, also a rubberized paint would work well.

As for using rain water, my dad caught rain all his life and washed his hair in it...might've been the Cherokee in him, but I've found it works well on my baby fine hair too!