Show off your DIY Kitchen

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken in Anaheim said:
HDR, you sleep out in the open (under the tarp structure) even in wind/rain storms ?

Ken, I met HDR. He’s badass.

Ok, here is mine so far.

413809391.jpg

Not mine but I thought a cool YouTube.

End result is toy-ish, but nice design can be adapted for a larger American context

Installing a fully functional kitchen in an electric car.

Was gone a bit and glad to see the kitchen pixs! High Desert - is this an event or just your regular camp setup?

My on demand Triton 5L came today but I'm sending it back. The shower head does not have an on off switch on it and I find the shower head uncomfortable to hold as well. I know I saw another model with the switches where I want them.

We ordered our 3-way fridge! OMG I'm so excited. 6.7 cu ft fridge/freezer single door but the freezer can be removed for a larger fridge area if you have a need (or say you add a separate small freezer down the road).

We are almost done insulating. The bathtub/shower is here as is the flooring. Figured out to put FRP on the bathroom and kitchen walls. I brought a sample home and used spray paint on it and it came out great. Hmmm.... lots of white walls and spray paint. Sounds like fun.

oops. Sorry John.
That green tool cab is kinda heavy at 80#. I recently removed it will try something different.

I can find cheaper lesser weight four drawer chests but really wanted that five drawer due to overall cu in capacity and height.

In a vw, its heavy. Not so much in a "Merkin" van.

I'm going to try the four drawer Sterlite dark gray plastic chest. Actually bought two of them from wally world.

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=347&ProductCategory=0&section=0

Yeah, so. Lightweight, semi sturdy, rollers for ease of drawer pull out.

Has a bit of flimsiness on the front ~1" horizontal frame work between the drawers. Bows down when weight is added to drawer making the bottom three drawers sticky to open or final close. I tried taking out the center front roller but it didn't help. Also not sure how it will act if the van is closed up while the sun is blazing.
As for the front horizontal header being flimsy, I may pick up some 1/8" x 24" aluminum bar from the hardware store to reinforce that area. Other than that the chest seems fine.

I was able to see how it assembles so a person could make a one, two, three, or to the moon height chest.
problem with that is you'd have extra parts. I kept one of them a four drawer and made the second a three drawer. I have the option of adding the extra drawer to the first chest to make it a five drawer.

I'm in the early early stages of a quick camping lay out for the tin roof Ford But having these chests helps with layout and design.

Drifting off topic , sorry

Chris. The portable 12/120v chest style fridge/freezer behind the passenger seat is 37 qt from Max Burton, when there was such a brand. Dometic knock off. There is a black strap securing it via two d-rings. The camera angle of the pic doesn't show true scale.

regis, sounds like a good camp kitchen.

TODAY I ALMOST CRIED. I unboxed my 6.7 CU FT 3-Way Dometic Fridge/Freezer. It is awesome! And so much room but small! It's beautiful! I have decided to paint my kitchen counter copper and I painted the two silver colored aluminum beams in the front of the cargo trailer copper. The tub enclosure Wayne is making is almost finished. The insulation on the walls is done and most of the boards back up. I'm going to have fun with paints there also. None of this cabin in the woods look for this girl, I see everything as a canvas and it's play time.