Shore Power Charger (120VAC-12V Battery Bank)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoingMobile

Reaction score
I've purchased almost all of the components for my house electrical system. One thing I have left to buy is a method to charge batteries from 120VAC. I've always loved camping, but I'm not a fan of campgrounds, so it would probably only be used occasionally when visiting friends, relatives, or the rare campground stay. But still I'd want it to charge in a reasonable amount of time. I'm planning on charging a 300AH LiFePO4 battery bank. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I already have a Xantrex Inverter so I'm not looking for an Inverter/Charger, just a stand alone Charger. Any recommendations?[/font]

If you have solar the automatic chargers you get for vehicle batteries won't work.

I don't know how big of a charger you want but I got a 60A Boondocker from Best Converter. As it is made so it runs off a 2000W generator and it plays well with solar. BTW it is also a power supply so it's just like a 4 stage converter.

Highdesertranger

Latest posts