Shared shipping of solar from Flagstaff to Ehrenberg?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travelinmyblood

Reaction score
I am going purchasing a solar system from Northern Arizona Wind and Sun in Flagstaff.  

Driving down from Canada Oct 26th, to join the Ehrenberg caravan, and going to Flagstaff is about a 2.5 hour detour. Not much, but after 20 hours of driving it's gross.  Considering shipping it instead. 

Will be around $150 US just for my set, but not a whole lot more for 4 sets, so looking to see if anyone else interested in sharing shipping.

Kathy

Do you have a specific address in the Ehrenberg area to ship to? Because I doubt they're going to ship to coordinates out in the desert.

Hi Noodly, They will ship to a company in Blythe, which is very close.  Cost to ship 1 or 2 panels $150...cost to ship 6 panels $192. The panels are shipped separate from the charge controller, and wiring.  Those things will be an additional $25ish, for one order, and slightly more if combined.  I may just eat the additional 2.5 hours, but thought it was worth asking if others are in the same boat.

so someone could pick up a quick 150 bucks if they picked up the 6 panels and delivered them to Ehrenberg? highdesertranger

One of our posters is broke down in Flagstaff as we speak looking for a way to make money to fix his truck!

I think he is in Phoenix, not Flag.

Edit to add: Currently down with the ball joint issue on my truck don't have the funds to fix it right now and wondering if anybody out there in the Eastern Phoenix Arizona area might be able to land a fellow nomad a hand

Boy am I getting old! Well at least he won't freeze.

highdesertranger said:
so someone could pick up a quick 150 bucks if they picked up the 6 panels and delivered them to Ehrenberg?  highdesertranger

Yup, I'd be fine paying someone, as long as it's a member that you guys can vouch for because I'm fairly new. If nobody is interested in sharing the shipping I'll do the detour, or I can get a Canadian solar 265W from my nephews father-in-law who sells solar here in Canada.