seen off the beaten path

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbrat

Reaction score
The last road trip we went across the central valley in Calif. And I really hate going down I-5. I know it's the fastest way to get from point A to point B but it is so booooooring. We turned off and drove a bunch of farm roads to Lake Tahoe. I have a new love of really old tractors; yea weird I know. It was so much more fun than that drive down I-5. So now I want my own ol' tractor but probably it'll never happen and that's most likely a good thing. Hubby was laughing at me when I would get excited as we passed a farm with 2-3 old tractors as yard art in some farmyard. So what weird stuff do you look for? Hubby gets giddy about mini golf stuff and sports cars.

We always loved to drive the backroads and go thru old small towns, and I still do.

Most of them are just the old storefronts these days, without a lot of active commerce, but the old architecture, town squares with bandstands, etc.. are where this country came from.

I still enjoy dirt roads with lots of cactus and wildlife. I was driving ariund my neighborhood dirt roads yesterday and found a row of probably 20 old rusted tractors along a fence line. Lol!!! Here in the desert where property was once cheap you find all sorts of collections one place has over 100 duce and a half military trucks sitting side by side and bumper to bumper, it would take hours to crawl to the middle!

Last edited: