Seat belt stuck in door

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it isn't mechanical issue but I still need suggestion's also my van is doggie down and tries to die when stopped

Did you try pushing the door "in" very hard from the outside to release the torque at the door clasp before pulling the door out towards you? Maybe shoot some WD-40'in the hasp area.

Also, can you remove the interior door panel to get to the door hasp from the inside.

Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck.

speedhighway46 said:
Did you try pushing the door "in" very hard from the outside to release the torque at the door clasp before pulling the door out towards you? Maybe shoot some WD-40'in the hasp area.

Also, can you remove the interior door panel to get to the door hasp from the inside.

Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck.

This happened to my kid's finger. We had to push the door in to get the door latch to set (click) then open the door.

I tried the belt is wrapped around twice it won't give the door is unlocked just that the belt being stuck.

Get inside the van via another door and push the door open while holding the interior latch opener. A couple of hard nudges should free up the door.

Is this Marge? 

When that happened to me, I rammed my fat body on the door until it came open.  First on the outside to make sure the latch was set, then from the inside.

The stalling could be anything from needing a tune up to poor quality gas.

gargoyle said:
Get inside the van via another door and push the door open while holding the interior latch opener. A couple of hard nudges should free up the door.

Did that didn't work

GotSmart said:
Is this Marge? 

When that happened to me, I rammed my fat body on the door until it came open.  First on the outside to make sure the latch was set, then from the inside.

The stalling could be anything from needing a tune up to poor quality gas.

Yes it is margie and I have tried but not big enough lol

that's what I was going to ask Margie. come on guys and gals anybody up that way that can give Margie a hand? highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
that's what I was going to ask Margie.  come on guys and gals anybody up that way that can give Margie a hand?  highdesertranger

Hopefully someone is but its warming up so I won't freeze. LOL

Got a scissor jack? maybe you can wedge it between the seat frame and the door, 'jack' the door out while keeping the latch pulled?
A piece of wood might be a good idea, to spread the load and hopefully spare your inner door panel

hi wheel, where in the door is it jammed? top,bottom,front, back? HDR would it be poss. to take the door card off and loosen the latch screws from the inside, it sounds like its been skewed, twisted? forcing it will just distort the door and make it not good once she gets it open i  would think. wheel can you post a pic.? will tell us a lot.

Ya I will take a pic tomorrow but yes it is in the skewed twisted twice and folded in half. I think wait for pic

0401171105a.jpgHere are pics not very good ones tho.

Attachments

• 0401171105a.jpg
    0401171105a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 0401171105.jpg
    0401171105.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Darn, Margie! I was hoping you had gotten that all straightened out!

margie, try spraying it with some kind of penetrating oil let it set for a while, then try, or go to an auto body place and have them look at it, they will at least be able to tell you what you will need to do, they will do that for free. but its definitely under bind. do you have a local auto parts store, at least they can put eyes on it, and let us know.