RTR - (respectable and quiet) Musicians Area?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Man Dave

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been covered here on the forum.

Last year, there were some great musicians at the RTR who I had the pleasure of meeting. I am hoping to meet up with some more musicians at this years RTR.  I also want to be sure we are respecting others by not disturbing other campers in the area.  Is anyone aware of a pre-determined area set aside this year for us musical folks? 

Thanks!

VMD

:D

Hi there!

I think I remember hearing Bob say in one of his videos (does anybody know which one) that there will be signs for 2 areas of the RTR this year- a "Quiet" (no music/generators) section and a "Not-Quiet" section (music & generators).  I guess just park in the "Not-Quiet" section.  Perhaps make a sign to put up in a area with a campfire that says "musicians welcome" and designate that as the musician hang out or campfire?  Just some ideas. ^_^

If I get my rig in time to come (I"m looking at a few next week... wheee!!!) I'll bring my harp. :D  If not, I'll be there next year!

Thanks for playing at Burning Van last year Dave! You guys were great and we all appreciated it. Hope you can do it again at this RTR. We're not going to be there but Sassy has agreed to organize everything.

I believe that there will be an area for musicians. Did you make it over to Jamie's music camp last year? It might be more just music being played rather than musicians playing music but I know that there were other musicians over that way.

virtual hug (())

Hi there!

I think I remember hearing Bob say in one of his videos (does anybody know which one) that there will be signs for 2 areas of the RTR this year- a "Quiet" (no music/generators) section and a "Not-Quiet" section (music & generators).  I guess just park in the "Not-Quiet" section.  Perhaps make a sign to put up in a area with aExcellent!
And thank you for the ideas;)

^^
Hello you two;)  And BIG HUGS!

Such a pleasure meeting you guys last year;)  I really enjoyed spending time with you two, such genuine, kind people.

Are you saying you won't be at this year's RTR???  Or you just can't make the Burning Van?  I sure hope I see you two there!

VMD

We decided to stay east this year so we're going to miss the RTR and seeing all of our friends, old and new. :-(
Have a good time and give everyone a hug for us!

tonyandkaren said:
We decided to stay east this year so we're going to miss the RTR and seeing all of our friends, old and new.  :-(  
Have a good time and give everyone a hug for us!

So sad to hear, you won't be coming this year! We enjoyed meeting you and kept checking your blog in the course of the year (got a few great boondocking spots from it too, so thanks!!)!
Hope you are enjoying your time out East!! Stay warm!

Deal Breaker said:
I’m guessing as with all group type camping areas, music and generators are not the problem but rather the time of night is the issue. Camping etiquette might suggest quiet time after 10PM. I moved over to xscapers camp last year to get some quality zzzz time.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/camping/camp-etiquette.htm

Oh wow, yeah I just assumed the standard (10-6) quiet hours were a given, even in the "noisy" area.

I’m not a musician but would love to hang out and listen. Live music, local musicians and music festivals are my thing.

I would be interested in meeting up and playing music send me a note if you get it figured out

AdventurousAdriana said:
Oh wow, yeah I just assumed the standard (10-6) quiet hours were a given, even in the "noisy" area.

Same here, I assume the quiet hours apply accross the board.  Musicians sleep too!  ;)

I'm also hoping to avoid the generator noise as much as possible. Those things are not music to my ears!

:D