ReverendMother

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Epiphany Euphemism Temple
Discernment and revelation by devotion to daily reframation, renunciation, and refutation."

Website is empty other than the above title.
What does the word 'reframation' mean? It doesn't seem to exist in any dictionary.   :huh:

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to ask! Yes the website was gutted recently.  That was partly due to being trolled on the YouTube channel (which was subsequently taken down) and other circumstances that I am working through. I will put content back on there when I have had a chance to regroup and to write about recent growth experiences.

No "reframation" is not an actual a word.  It is something that I made out of reframing which is the practice of looking at things from a different perspective.  I added "ation" because it matched renunciation and refutation and it was funny (to me, at the time).  I'll probably just change it "reframing" so it makes more sense, so thank you for pointing it out!

Additionally, the site is about critical thinking and adjusting the mind in ways that are conducive to taking responsibility for one's own actions and emotions.  I am heavily influenced by Thubten Chodron and Sravasti Abbey, although I do not believe in the Bon religion beliefs that are part of Tibetan Buddhism such as actual/real hungry ghosts other than those of us humans who have addictions.

What are the topics that interest you?

Hi Reverend Mother. Yeah, I saw one video and wanted to review on how you did your solar setup (folding panel, battery, charger) but it was gone. Any chance you could post links (or models) to items you bought? Thanks for any info.

ReverendMothe said:
No "reframation" is not an actual a word. 
It is something that I made out of reframing which is the practice of looking at things from a different perspective.
re "reframing" = often done in NLP. so you did that too?

Annie W said:
re "reframing" = often done in NLP. so you did that too?

No, not NLP, more like the concept that your brain becomes what you focus on and the words used will reinforce brain/body chemistry that may or may not help your physical/mental health.  It's mostly based on being aware of the cognitive bias behaviors that cause us to seek out evidence of our current beliefs, and using that knowledge to seek out a more balanced and useful perspective. 

And to be very clear, I am NOT a therapist or even a spiritual counselor...just someone who thinks about these things and writes as a way of making the things I am learning stick.  

Epiphany Euphemism (reframing) Temple is a self-deprecating joke in a way...somewhat in the vein of Jennifer Lawson aka The Bloggess.

RVTravel said:
Hi Reverend Mother. Yeah, I saw one video and wanted to review on how you did your solar setup (folding panel, battery, charger) but it was gone. Any chance you could post links (or models) to items you bought? Thanks for any info.

Sure.  This is the panel that I bought.  Be warned though, the wiring for the charge controller is crimped and not soldered, so you have to treat it gently.  I had to get it replaced by the manufacturer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8LCDN2

The battery is a 55Ah AGM. I recommend getting one that has more hours on it, or a couple of them.  The only things I am charging are my laptop and my cell phone.  I attached a 12v outlet to the battery as well which I use sometimes for my WeBoost when I am in a remote location with not a lot of signal.

Although I boasted in another thread that I didn't need more than this, a couple of months of boondocking proved otherwise, so get as much power as you can afford and can accommodate.

If you are planning to drive a lot, then doing the continuous duty solenoid thing would be worth it as well.

ReverendMother said:
Gotta love Marshal Rosenberg! Are you coming to the RTR?

Yes, I wish I could have met him!

I had wanted to attend the past RTR (it would've been fun to connect!), though quickly felt discouraged, then got overwhelmed with moving, maybe next year?

I'm just going to ask...

Last year, while traveling the West, I met someone who directed me to this web page and to Bob Wells' YouTube videos - which I found to be very helpful and positive in encouragement. Then I met a woman who travels around, also and she had a very different take. She literally asked for a "donation". I didnt know what to think. Or to say. I declined her request. It seemed odd. She then directed me to her YouTube Videos. I watched a few but they were mostly complaints about RVing - and asking for money, though not outright, if you will. I was definitely discouraged. Who wouldn't be? Is this practice a norm? I sure hope not. It began to feel like I was playing dodgeball with panhandlers. This woman and her friends put up videos on YouTube but none of them address much of the RV 'lifestyle'. Mostly the videos seem to be just a mode of complaint - which appear to be endless. I sure hope this is not the actual case for those desiring to live free and happily RVing. That would be sad. And discouraging.

I dont want to be discouraged. I sure hope these individuals are an anomaly and not the norm. 

I hope.

This not the norm among the people you will encounter at the RTRs but keep in mind that most youtube channels are made specifically to provide a living or supplement the income of the person making the videos. Sensational topics get more views so often the "headlines" are misleading.

Asking for donations is considered spam on the forums and will be deleted but it's okay for the poster to include links to their website or youtube channel.

Ponder. I don’t believe it’s typical but there are those that do exactly that. I over heard someone call them the vanbeggars.

I know they are out there and have seen a few videos where they do plead with their viewers to give money and have a long list of things they want with the links to the items on Amazon.

The videos are usually about who they saw or gossip or they are going to dye their hair or a dozen other mundane things that nobody really cares about. In other words - no useful content.
Perhaps they are unaware that anyone can make a YouTube video about anything and they aren’t chosen stars. There are infinitely more clicks on a talking parrot. I even heard somewhere that one of them is charging people to camp with her.

All that is super easy to ignore. Just don’t click. Don’t sign up, etc.

I think you’ll find the majority of the vandwellers as very self sufficient and not the scammers you ran into.

Don’t be discouraged.