renting an RV?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventuregurl

Reaction score
I'd like to rent an RV for a week this summer just to see how I like it as I've thought I wanted to do it forever but just don't know for sure. One quote I recently got online for a Class C was $2,000, holy crap!!!!

Does anyone know where I could get a more reasonable rental?

Also I live in Cottonwood AZ and wondered where you think I should go with it.

Thanks!

Adventuregurl said:
I'd like to rent an RV for a week this summer - Class C was $2,000, holy crap!!!!

Does anyone know where I could get a more reasonable rental?

I'd not looked in very long time. I do remember in Craigslist there were some private owners who rented out their RV's but I've no idea if they're more economical in rental fees. Might take a look there. Good luck.

look on local craigslist, people rent theirs to cover their loan...
Regarding Cottonwood, go camp in your back yard!!!

Adventure girl
Good luck finding a decent rig for less. Unfortunately anything RV is expensive specially in the vacation months. the mileage fee can be very costly on top of the gas prices . But consider this, if you buy a rig but only use it two weeks a year that’s expensive, payments and insurance/ possible storage fee’s/ maintenance on it keeping it dry the list could be lenghtly.
We spent over $3000.00 going to Disney Park one year for two weeks (never again) .
But as Bob Wells says “Do what Makes you feel good and enjoy yourself”

I also have been looking to rent a Class C RV before we buy and change our lifestyle. I found some good rentals on RVShare that seemed reasonable. One was offered at $500 for a week which was ok. That was the best place I have found so far.

One of my RTR neighbors this year rented a Budget cargo van and bought some camping gear to get a taste of the life when he flew out to the RTR. This was far less expensive than renting an RV and helped him solidify the idea that this was something he wanted to do. Not having all the amenities of an RV for the week he spent at the RTR also gave him a good idea of what he does and does not want when he builds his van.

Adventuregurl said:
I'd like to rent an RV for a week this summer just to see how I like it as I've thought I wanted to do it forever but just don't know for sure. 
Also I live in Cottonwood AZ and wondered where you think I should go with it.

How did you like your previous camping excursions? I ask only because beyond the hard walls of a rig, it's camping life in all its glory.

Latest posts