Reformed spender

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eating out is what kills me...i need another fridge trying to not have one has lead to me slipping into bad habits.

congrats on finding a different sort of freedom!

Yeah, $30 daily is so I can eat well with different variety of cuisines at my whim. Otherwise, I'd be stuck eating the same $4.75 burrito from Gordo's, haha.

Aren't you afraid that sitting in a car all day working, and eating processed food 3 times a day is unhealthy?

caseyc said:
When I started doing the full time van life back in February 2014, my credit card debt amount was around $14k or so. My debt level is now reduced to about $2,000 which will be paid off in next few months. I will then have a zero debt balance. Wow, can't wait.

What has brought me to this progress level? It's a combination of living in my van full time with no rent payment. Plus working like a dog doing my driving job 10 to 12 hours a day 6 and even 7 days a week. It's amazing that working so many hours a week gives me no free time to spend money on frills.

Plus working so many freakin hours a week now gives me a new appreciation for how hard it is to earn a buck. When I was formerly working a full time desk job, I didn't quite fully appreciate how hard it is to earn a paycheck. Now I do.

Once I pay off the last amount of credit card debt, I will then concentrate on accumulating net savings which seems like a foreign concept to me. It's ironic that I used to work in finance but don't have the discipline to save. Absurd even.

At the rate I'm earning and saving, I'm guestimating I should have at least $15k to $20k saved up by end of next year 2016. More importantly, I have now built up a good habit of working hard and spending little. Took me all my freakin life to get to this point, haha!

I realize I haven't been posting as much on this board as I used to. But driving on the road for so many hours has been my main focus.

By the way Bob, no I haven't bought any new wrist watches lately, hyuck yuck! :)

Casey
Reformed Big Spender
I sent you a PM, 
Mike R