Realized I was back east today...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willingtorelocate

Reaction score
Something funny happened on the way to the office.

I'm just walking out of the parking garage in the brutal cold, braving the four block endurance test I go through every morning. There was nothing strange or unusual about it. Then, I got to the corner by the bridge, and there was this guy crossing the street. The street light went ahead of him from walk, to a flashing don't walk signal, he starts arguing with it. "You will not deprive me of my right to walk, I'm a taxpayer!" he yelled, at the top of his lungs. But that wasn't the end of it. He gets to the other side, and monologues for ten minutes about the evils of the state, how the world is ending, how Jesus is coming, and how angry he is with society. 

And then it hit me. You don't see this kind of thing at all in Saint Louis or Kansas City.

This is a uniquely eastern experience.

They used to say, "They lifted the east side of the country and all the nuts and other loose parts rolled to California."

gsfish said:
Kansas city is devoid of people with mental issues?

Not saying that, but there aren't many pedestrians in MO. At least not in the cities. People know better than to venture out into the crosswalks, muttering gibberish or otherwise. With the drivers out there, it's probably for the best.

I dunno--I had a dude on the bus in Corpus Christi who wanted to tell me all about how he died six times, met God, and now wanted to bless me ..........

That's cool, I met a guy in berkley once, that was suing some guy who shared his freeware book online for a hundred billion dollars. He was also being chased by cia, who cloned him, and stole his marriage.

willingtorelocate - yeah, the eastcoast has a definite signature aggro style...

I've enjoyed being places where people leave each other the hell alone more

gsfish - If we want freedom - we better start by not relying on the courts that lock people up for Wrongthought... any talking points they use against people we don't like, can and will be turned just as quickly against any of us

One may be off meds, but no one is off *their* meds.
They're only your meds if you choose to take them.

Eastern seaboard states?

You obviously never have been to "keep it weird" Portland, OR. That guy has lots of cousins there.

Latest posts