Pro-Lite Lounge with Cassette toilet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's made by Thetford, the Lil' Snoozy travel trailers have them. I haven't used one, but seems like a good idea if building your own trailer and using a porta-potty.

tav-2020 said:
Saw this over the weekend, sweet little trailer, only 1485 lbs (unloaded)
https://truckcamperwarehouse.com/in...est+chesterfield-nh-5abd186e83f63b34cb17c192/

had never seen a cassette toilet, with a pull out outside the trailer...anyone have experience with these?

Have seen them covered in Trailer Life.  Real plus is instead of having to find a dump station you can run it into any rest area or truck stop or gas station restroom.  With RV chemicals used to break down waste as well as make it smell better it's no big deal.  Only real negative is RV black tanks are much bigger so can go longer between dumps.  I think a typical cassette toilet holds 4.5 gallons max.  The toilet itself swivels so that you have more room to shower.  Showers are so small that it would still be more comfortable for most to use RV park shower or get a gym membership.  

A Savage Adventure said:
This video claims to answer all your questions...well, most of them, anyway:

I'm going to use a Luggable Loo. I don't think my stomach could handle emptying a cassette toilet.

Just my thought but a composting toilet may be an even easier method. Less sloshy for sure. I'm sure you all know the valid suggestion to not put # 1 and #2 in the same depository. The odors come from making the 'solids' liquid, using mulch dries the material out. It takes a little effort for folks who are used to simply going to the bathroom and flushing the toilet afterwards.

So the plan would be for someone to create a hassle free compost toilet.

thanks for the video link, Chris. and thanks to others for the thoughts (i miss that thank you button too!)

i think i would prefer a composting one ultimately. the trailer itself is still pretty sweet.