Prius

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal

Reaction score
Well today I stopped buy a Toyota dealer to look at a van and while he was getting the keys for it I checked out a 2015 Prius V and fell in love with it. I took it for a test drive and 4 hours later I drove it home. I'm surprised how much room there is. It doesn't have the headroom of a van but I plan on mostly camping in a Kodiak tent. The hot nights it will be in the Prius. I'm from the muscle car generation and would have never guessed I would buy this car! The count down is on to fulltiming on May 1st.

Drove a Prius v part time for a number of years and I, too, could not believe the interior room. If I were car dwelling and starting from scratch I'd look seriously at a Prius v. A regular Prius would never work for me, too tall and would have trouble stretching out to sleep.

yes it is important as MaTaLa said to be sure your living quarters truly fit you and you can make it work but it sounds like you are having a good time finding your calling to make it work. Tent is great and can get great use from it easily but if in the vehicle is needed, it must fit us good to make it work but since ya bought it :) you seem to know it will all go well for you. Happy you are happy!

There is a lot of room inside. I'm almost 6 feet tall and I'll be able to stretch out flat when I sleep.. Is there a Prius dwellers club?

I have Prius envy....but I love my RAV4, so I am hoping for a RAV4 hybrid...someday!

Neal, there is a prius camping page on Facebook.

That's awesome Neal!

Hello everyone! I just joined the site and I am a proud Prius lover. I have a 2016 Prius Two and currently do lots of trips in it, but plan to move into it permanently in 2022! Can't wait! Planning on attending the Women's RTR 2019 and I am so excited!!

Neal said:
There is a lot of room inside. I'm almost 6 feet tall and I'll be able to stretch out flat when I sleep.. Is there a Prius dwellers club?

Just an FYI for other readers. I'm 6'-2" tall and easily fit in a regular Prius. The V has a lot more room but both will sleep a tall person.