Prepping - anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Un, I didn't say I was unarmed and unwilling to protect my stash. What I said was " stockpile toilet paper " it will be good to go in any situation.

You require heavy arms to protect your stockpile of toilet paper?? :p:D Joke!

Where was it said heavy arms? My guess is that you will start stockpiling tp.

A tight-knit, supportive group of folks, neighbors, community, tribe, similar standards and values is the best hedge on prepping. Hard to realize now perhaps but when/if tshtf the luxury of rugged individualism dissipates.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Alt, you better be careful, the more you post the smarter you seem. BIG responsibility. We really have to meet someday!

Didn't mean you personally, Owl. I was just responding to this part of your post:

owl said:
Here is the plan, forget food, water, guns and ammo.

Now I'm trying to figure out how many rolls of 'white gold' will fit underneath the mattress in my rig :D

On a serious note, there was a thread that linked to an article about a survivor of a 2 year siege, (I believe) in Bosnia. He mentioned bartering and suggested not only TP, but zippo style lighters and a few other items that were small, but very valuable in a survival situation.

AltTransBikes said:
A tight-knit, supportive group of folks, neighbors, community, tribe, similar standards and values is the best hedge on prepping. Hard to realize now perhaps but when/if tshtf the luxury of rugged individualism dissipates.

That was actually the first thing suggested in the article I was just talking about. Great post, ATB!

Doesn't matter. A few days into a true emergency, newspaper will be selling for a dollar a page! ;)

owl said:
Alt, you better be careful, the more you post the smarter you seem. BIG responsibility. We really have to meet someday!

Naw, no responsibility wise 'ol owl, we'll already be around the bend by the time they catch on, and by then we'll have moved on already from there.

Meet up, be my pleasure, headed home someday soon.

SAM_0429.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0429.JPG
    SAM_0429.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 11