Power inlet meltdown - Be careful

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad connections cause power loss, which causes heating.  Make sure your connections are tight, old/cheap sockets will loose their grip and cause this problem.

Thanks, I commented on your blog post, will ad your blog link about this to my blog.

<br><span style="font-family: 'comic sans ms', sans-serif;"><strong>This is one of my concerns as well. Although It's 12 gauge, I'm running my camper on a 100' extension cord, strung across the yard. No choice.<br><br>As a precaution, I don't run any 2 high-power devices at the same time. For example, whenever I'm gonna run the microwave, I shut the electric heater off, etc.<br><br>If I could afford it, I'd buy a 10 gauge cord, but alas, a 100', 10 gauge extension cord is outta the question.<br></strong></span><br><br>

I know this is almost a month old and maybe I should comment on your blog since I read it there first but&nbsp;I was always curious if you happened to move the van while it was plugged in at all. I had this type of thing happen on my trailer and I'm pretty sure it was because I was stupid and thought to myself 'Well, I can just move this forward a few feet without unplugging'.

Latest posts