Post pics 0f your rig. :)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karl love the raw wood theme you got going especially like the peeled branches holding up the shelf.

Bdog they have been using that on boats for years saves on weight with no doors, you won't be the first to steal the idea....

These are some great pics folks... Kurbmaster is that a real fireplace you have in your rig? Does it burn any kind of wood, and do you mind if I ask what brand and where you bought it. It must have been a bit of a job to put a proper chimney in, but it's very impressive looking. We've got manufacturing places around here and it's very easy to get free scrap wood for burning. Thanks for the pics...

I could be wrong, but that looks like a propane unit to me. We have one here for heating a small room that I want to steal. Looks just like a super modern, albeit tiny, fireplace when it kicks on :D

Dino said:
These are some great pics folks... Kurbmaster is that a real fireplace you have in your rig? Does it burn any kind of wood, and do you mind if I ask what brand and where you bought it. It must have been a bit of a job to put a proper chimney in, but it's very impressive looking. We've got manufacturing places around here and it's very easy to get free scrap wood for burning. Thanks for the pics...

As Unchained mentioned this one is propane, they come looking the same as a wood burner and also a diesel. They are Dickensons a marine stove, made in Canada, Port Coquitlam BC. I installed a diesel version on my boat and it worked well, very efficient. They are all stainless construction and have a variable speed fan, The only thing I can fault it is the fan is noisy on high but I seldom need high.Very easy to install and are made for wall mounting. I bought this one used on Craiglist Vancouver for 450 cnd, they sell anywhere from 800 to 1400 online so shop around this includes one section of chimney guard and top. The wood ones are cheaper Dickenson have a web site but they are cheaper from marine suppliers.

Unity nice looking set up, a few more of the front and back of the van please.

Really love that Kurbmaster! Just great interior!

boy all great looking rigs. I do like that propane heater kurb. unity is that a big katadyn water filter I see in your pic? highdesertranger

Some really nice rigs guys. I am impressed. I will put the pics of my current humble abode. This is actually for sale. I'll be moving into my bus soon. But for now here she is in all her retro glory!

Attachments

• 1975_Chevy3500.JPG
    1975_Chevy3500.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 100
  • van2.jpg
    van2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 136
  • van3.jpg
    van3.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 109
  • van4.jpg
    van4.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 125
Greetings all,
Have been enjoying lurking, time to contribute.
My rig,
argosy.JPG
1959 Land Rover and 1973 Argosy.

Currently in New Orleans
IMG_0856.JPG

Spent February on Padre Island Texas.
IMG_0944.jpg

I'm completely refitting the coach during my travels.
There's some lightweight documentation on my blog.

Peter and Geordie

Attachments

• argosy.JPG
    argosy.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 67
wow peter that's way cool. both truck and trailer. do you have the original motor in her? that looks like a warn 8724 same winch I have on my rig. since people are posting pics other than vans on this thread I will too. highdesertranger

Thanks Ranger,

No, the truck now sports a fuel injected Chev 4.3 V6.
Plus a lot of other modifications.
Yes, you're right on the winch, splendid unit.

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Cheers
Peter

ok here you go. I don't really have pics detailing the truck but have a few of the truck.
004.JPG
002.JPG
I will work on getting some detailed pics. highdesertranger

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 88
Simran said:
Some really nice rigs guys. I am impressed. I will put the pics of my current humble abode. This is actually for sale. I'll be moving into my bus soon. But for now here she is in all her retro glory!

Greetings!

That would appear to be an old Open Road camper... The floorplan doesn't look original though. Did it come that way or ???

It seems that a disproportionate number of Open Road owners switched to Ford and Dodge vans and took the interiors with them...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

I have moved the pics found on the web to their own thread, 'Cool van interior pics found online (warning- huge pics)' because they were blowing out the forum and the size could be a problem for those with limited bandwidth.

This could, and should, be an epic thread and great reference for those starting out, so please only post pics of your own rig and keep those pics a reasonable size. If you need to post larger pics, please use the thumbnail feature to prevent forum blowout.

It is in fact an old Open Road. Most of the original interior is gone, some I tore out and some was gone already when I got it. I bought this rig precisely because it was nearly gutted. I didn't want the problems assoc. with an older motorhome. I'm not interested in bells & whistles. That is why I am doing the bus build too instead of buying a motorhome.
The CamperVan_Man said:
Greetings!

That would appear to be an old Open Road camper... The floorplan doesn't look original though. Did it come that way or ???

It seems that a disproportionate number of Open Road owners switched to Ford and Dodge vans and took the interiors with them...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Greetings all, here are a few shots of our "34 foot articulated Motor Home" ;)

in camp:
34081-albums922-picture6952.jpg

Basic interior shot of the van conversion (2010 Chevy 1500 RB AWD with high top). Full size platform bed, street side closet, front bath/shower closet) :
TCLawdInteriorv2c.jpg

and with bath closet open in potty mode:
TCLawdBCtoilet.jpg

and in shower mode:
TCLawdBCshower.jpg

and here are a couple of interior shots of the 15ft Parkliner.
Looking toward the rear set up in a U sofa (can be a table for two or four or a queen size bed) :
34081-albums922-picture4464.jpg

and this one is looking forward. Shows the 2 seat dinette on street side, shower/bath/closet up front, and galley on curbside:
34081-albums922-picture4461.jpg

We use the van/bath at night to sleep. and the trailer to entertain/relax/cook/eat/shower by day.

Happy Trails,
Thom

PS Build threads for both:
Van conversion
Parkliner trailer

WOW....That's a dynamite set-up you've got there Accrete!!

I don't think I'd change a single thing! LOVE IT!!

I'm turning green with hi-top envy!

Hotdamn. That is a cool set-up.

I spent the weekend working on my van. My brother and I took the bed/bench seat out as it was too small and left little storage space underneath. We had to cut it out as the bolts had rusted pretty bad.

Next we built a bed that has 3 sections. The head and feet section lift to allow access below from within the van or via the rear doors. The panel at the foot of the bed (nearest cab) can also be propped up to allow lounging and view out open rear doors when not going stealth. I was going to do this facing front too but height of bed brought me too close to a lower rear cabinet.

My wife started on the sink and kitchen install.

As always, I love your suggestions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 79