Possible meet up in Colorado in June

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat Lady

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bob is having a meet and greet in Colorado next month?  I was unable to attend the RTR this past January but would enjoy meeting up with other folks that are Bob Wells followers.  

Thank you.

As I recall he said he was spending time this summer with his mother in Oregon.

Something is happening near Buena Vista in the Arkansas River Valley area. I don't recall the name, but the elevation was 8,885. It should be in this section somewhere.

Given the fire restrictions in AZ I suspect there will be lots of folks around.

DLTooley said:
Something is happening near Buena Vista in the Arkansas River Valley area.  I don't recall the name, but the elevation was 8,885.  It should be in this section somewhere.

Given the fire restrictions in AZ I suspect there will be lots of folks around.

We left the Coconino Forest Sunday p.m....the Ranger came around and said it was being closed Wednesday at 8 a.m. because of the high fire probability.

What I get is this link: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd581369.pdf explaining a Stage 1 fire restriction. So it looks like absolutely no fires or cooking except in developed campgrounds FYI.

Here is the info you are currently seeking:

Travelers Camp Fest is July 10th -17th at Clear Creek reservoir
Buena Vista, Colorado
GPS: 39.022441, -106.275668
Elevation: 8885'

The Ranger came around and told everyone to be out of the Forest by Wednesday at 8 a.m. All roads would be closed/gated...even the Forestry employees would not have access. Yes, sir, I’m outta here.

The Traveler's Campfest (TCF) is being held at Clear Creek Reservoir near Buena Vista in Colorado from Jul 10 - 17. It is hosted by Kevin Venture and his dog Nugget. The immediate area is not very large, but apparently there are other camping areas in the vicinity of the TCF. I haven't heard any updates yet.

I had thought of having a gtg in or near Pike National Forest, but, due to other issues this will not be possible.

Ms Linda said:
The Traveler's Campfest (TCF) is being held at Clear Creek Reservoir near Buena Vista in Colorado from Jul 10 - 17. It is hosted by Kevin Venture and his dog Nugget. The immediate area is not very large, but apparently there are other camping areas in the vicinity of the TCF. I haven't heard any updates yet.

Thanks, Ms Linda.

Hi, i’m heading up to Leadville Colorado this coming Friday, 1 June. I’d like to know where to Boondock up there and any information that anyone has on that area. This Santa Fe area is way too hot right now!

There are several areas around Leadville. A couple by the Lake. I found this out one year just by going to the little visitor's center at the edge of town. It's a neat old town. A couple of resale shops with nice things. Old Mines. A train you can ride through some pretty country. Good food. Friendly people. There's also the White River NF not far away. A favorite little town not an hour away maybe is called Alma. We parked in the lot of a little restaurant there. We asked and there was no problem so late. Breckinridge...I'll stop! This is envy on my part. Have fun! Safe travels...

Cat Lady said:
Does anyone know if Bob is having a meet and greet in Colorado next month?  I was unable to attend the RTR this past January but would enjoy meeting up with other folks that are Bob Wells followers.  

Thank you.

Trying to find out that question right now.   Am here near Denver and would jump at the chance to hang out for awhile here in Colorado. The weather is gorgeous. Warm, breezy and everything is bursting with life.    Let du it ................! Rich, 760 681-4926

Ms Linda said:

That sounds awesome! I cannot make it this year due to work responsibilities but I'll be there in heart. That location is awesome - cool and gorgeous with the university peaks all around and the Arkansas River. Whoever goes will have a refreshing and lovely time. Catch up with you soon!

Looking to hook up with tribies in and around denver area. I plan to move to AZ in early August, but until then, haven't gotten together with anyone yet. Long time van dwellers, Rich

By the time a GTG gets going I'll have all my repairs and doctor appointments done and be looking for some far off the map place to relax. This will be mid to late July possibly later depending on how things go.

If you are in the Denver area up here by Fort Collins there is the Pawnee Grass Lands (National Forestry managed). They have shooting ranges, and much more to see and do. Not far from Ault, a small town with most of what you will need. Cell signal is not horrible in some areas.

Roosevelt National Forest is awesome, a good place to get away from it all. It is a ways out and not close to much, including a cell tower. 44H (Latimer county road) is somewhat rough but not overly steep and has lots of great scenery. Lots for motor cyclists, mountain bikers and hikers.

Gleda said:
Where in Colorado & dates?how about in July?

Yes it looks like it will be in July now. I’ve been in Salida all June. I’ll mosy on up to Leadville after July 4th.