Positive Words For Nomadland on NPR Morning Edition (link)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Guy.

Also I read that Nomadland will be released on HULU on Feb. 19, so more good news there.

Johnny

Another good mention on BBC news in the last hour.

Guy

PBS News Hour did a segment last night on the Gal that made that movie. Shame on me for not catching her name. The video showed her during filming and there was this half second panning shot that included a guy that I recognized as Bob W. That's when I remember reading something about a Nomadland movie. Now I gotta google for more clips.

I watched it thru a free link (from here?) and was unimpressed. It had a typical "outsiders" viewpoint that we're all here against our will. It didn't celebrate any of the joys of this VOLUNTARY (for many....most?) way of living. It was also shot very gloomy-ly. To much gray and gloom. IMHO

Wish they would do one like “Jonny Appleseed” which inspired me when I was little.

Ken in Anaheim said:
I watched it thru a free link (from here?) and was unimpressed. It had a typical "outsiders" viewpoint that we're all here against our will. It didn't celebrate any of the joys of this VOLUNTARY (for many....most?) way of living.  It was also shot very gloomy-ly. To much gray and gloom. IMHO

People are van dwellers for all kinds of reasons. You and I DO have choices. But many of Bob's interviewees, like Fern, have few or no options. And she does find moments of joy.

I LIKED the natural light photography.