Portable bidet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
I like the concept but not sure how it would work with a bucket in a van

"[font=benton-sans, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sonny: A Portable Bidet for Eco-Conscious Humans[/font]

[font=benton-sans, Helvetica, sans-serif]A sustainable alternative to wipes and paper for better hygiene and a greener planet..."[/font]

[font=benton-sans, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's an Indiegogo crowd funding deal[/font]

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...2aXFze1N66_DmK7-Nc12GHdlmCcNF-nCgJM58BTJ6U4#/

Now, I really needed a good laugh!

I can just see the day that I have to choose between water for my coffee or........

I do have a question though. What do you dry your bum with? I'd say toilet paper but I think that defeats the purpose, doesn't it.

It could take a while to air dry. Now you have a bidet AND fan in the bucket.

Wait! How do you know that it did the job? I do not know about you but it's not like I can see my own butt. Bidet, fan and a mirror now.

I think we are going to need a bigger bucket.

You could easily build one out of a garden sprayer. Those tips are adjustable, so you can really get the pressure up for those bad days. That and a much less chance of needing a refill mid spray. I mean lets be honest here. That little tube just doesn't hold a lot of water.

It could get pricy considering I would imagine that you would want a known source of clean water. Think of driving 20 miles at midnight looking for a water machine. I wonder how a gallon of spring water compares in cost to a roll of TP.

I hope that it has some power settings. Did you see how much pressure and the amount of water it took to clean off that bagel? My black tank is going to take a beating.

Last thing is I would imagine it does not play well with composting toilets.

a bidet on the road. now I seen everything, well, probably not just yet LOL

db30d38af4acac4198728981d13ea39c.jpg

See that knob on the left on my rv toilet?

Actually it didn’t work well. Water pressure maybe wasn’t enough or something. Could have been the pulsing of the pump but I ended up removing it.

If you ever live with a bidet for awhile it’s really awful to have to live without. You never really feel clean. For instance. Every time we use the restroom we wash our hand with soap and water.

If I stuck my hands in pee or poop you can bet they will be washed very well. Why not wash down there very well every time also? To me it’s just gross. I use baby wipes but it’s much more difficult and I end up using a million.

I mean, after your hand got messed up in pee or poop would you just dry them off? Um gross no.

I’m hunting another RV now and I will be putting in a bidet. Shoot they only cost about $25. I spend tons more in baby wipes.

I see even MORE water runs in John's future. lol

Who's got the cleanest bum around? :) Camm does :) :) Damn way too much info on that post HAHA

I think we nomadic van dwellers have already figured out how to freshen up our nether regions without using a bidet. They invented a disposable wet washcloth to clean up icky baby bottoms. They are called "wet wipes"

maki2 said:
I think we nomadic van dwellers have already figured out how to freshen up our nether regions without using a bidet. They invented a disposable wet washcloth to clean up icky baby bottoms. They are called "wet wipes"

The appeal of the portable bidet is

1) no more disposables
2) lack of chemical fragrance

So I keep looking. But until I find, wet wipes it is.

I am wildly allergic to baby wipes, and had to come up with something better.
When I was shopping for my portable usb shower, The Big A suggested a portable usb bidet. I clicked, and read the reviews. The tears were running down my leg.
I proceeded to check out all the options. Then, they were running down both legs.
I particularly loved the red, white and blue set of three, for individual family use with water bottle bidet plugs. a/k/a LEOKE Portable Bidet, Travel Bidet Handheld Shattaf Bidet for Postpartum Newborn Baby Anus Personal Hygiene Cleaning Washing, Outdoor, Camping, Traveling, Driver (Pack of 3)
https://www.amazon.com/LEOKE-Portab...rtable+bidet&qid=1569826399&s=gateway&sr=8-26

By the time I dried my eyes, I realized that I had been to the DT (Dollar Tree, dyk) and found a package of 2 condiment squirters, you know, for ketchup and mustard, but in clear plastic.

Well, as they say, Bob's your uncle.

My 50¢ Bee-Day.

I brought out the new labelling on my birthday. It even has a little cover on the top. There's 16 ounces, enough for the business at hand, and enough left for your hands.
A half sheet of Bounty is your friend here. No crumbs. No residue. The other half dries the wet spot.

You're welcome.

Y'know, I have one of those $25 bidets at home and I was missing it terribly on the road. Thank you Ozmyrrah for bumping this thread!!

Greenco Bidet Fresh Water Spray Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment
by Greenco
4.4 out of 5 stars 1,168 ratings | 188 answered questions
Amazon's
Choice
for "clear rear"

5 Price Changes
List Price: $24.99
Price: $23.47 & FREE Returns

I just changed RVs and need a new one. It was a real bitch putting on the last one and it never worked well for my water pressure. I think this time I’m going to try to get my RV repair guy on it. It’s almost impossible to work around a toilet that is so close to the wall but I’m going to see what he can do. If it’s a go I’ll get good photos

Keep it analog

Attachments

• received_3190535624322427.jpeg
    received_3190535624322427.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts