PleasureWay Class B

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaughingWolf

Reaction score
Hi guys,<br>I'm looking at getting a PleasureWay when I'm ready, I have no need to go stealth as rather than staying in one city I'll be traveling the country.<br>I'm wondering if anyone has one and how they feel about it...<br>Their website is really nice and it LOOKS like they care about their customers, but of course it would be biased...<br>I'm also wondering about pulling a very small trailer with a motorcycle or scooter on it... Or are there hitch "shelfs" that would carry a lightweight motorized thing? I definitely plan on at least having my bicycle, but if I were to do workamping or boondocking on BLM, I'm probably not going to want to ride my bike to town to get groceries so I'm trying to think of another alternative. I'd love to get a motorcycle with a sidecar (for the mutt), but I don't know how compatible that would be with a trailer...<br>

PleasureWay makes great campers!! You will be very happy with one. A very good friend of mine lives in one and I did a story on it here:<br>http://cheapgreenrvliving.com/Pop-Top_Class-B.html<br><br>His is a pop-top, but you can get it with regular top if you prefer. You can see the storage pod he has, but you can get them that are designed to carry either a motorcycle or bicycles which would work great for you. Something like a 250 enduro would be perfect for you. They are very light and yet big enough to run into town from the NF or BLM land. A Class B could handle one of those on a rear hitch no problem. <br><br>He gets 16 mpg but he tried pulling a cargo trailer and the mpg dropped to 10. It pulls a trailer just fine, just gets bad mpg. H has bought a very small SUV he is going to tow behind it for the better mpg. So he will get 10 mpg wen driving, but then he will stop and camp for long periods and drive the SUV.<br><br>One of our members lives in a Astro minivan and carries a Honda 110 on a rack on the back and I know it works great for him. It's too small for freeways, but works fine on backroads into town. Gets 100 mpg!!<br><br>I have another friend who lives in a Roadtrek class B who tows her economy car and is very happy with it. Towing a car is actually pretty easy, they are impossible to back up, but they are so easy to hook up and unhook that its no big deal. <br><br>Bottom line is&nbsp; a class B is a great choice for you if you want to workcamp. Bob<br>

I know someone from the vandwellers forum who has one. She loves it! And yes, the company seems to care about you whetted you buy a brand new one or a 10 year old unit. And a small motorcycle on the back makes perfect sense, just watch your ground clearance, the pleasureways are lower in the tail end to begin with due to dropped floors, tanks, etc. I say go for it... Im jealous, wish I could afford to look at one!

Bob, I did read your article on that one, it was good. Lots of great ideas, I was planning on getting one a bit larger if I can find one for a decent price.<br>Glad to hear positive feedback!<br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">We love Bs. Sold ours because we wanted something with the option of a bit more privacy, with 2 people, in the long run.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">The 80s and 90s Intervec/Horizons can be found more cheaply than the Roadtreks/PWs, I think, and have the advantage of more headroom and more window space.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Good luck in your search.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>