Please post suggestions on how to swamp cool my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unckybob

Reaction score
I would like to install a swamp cooler on top of my van. In the past I have seen some RVs with a type of airstream swamp cooler. I have also seen this type of cooler mounted on vans.<br /><br />I've also seen vans with a plexiglass "bubble-like" cover that is maybe 10 inches square. I am guessing that those covers are to cover a hole for this type of swamp cooler when it is winter and there is no need to carry the cooler.<br /><br />I've searched google images for "swamp cooler" and "evaporative cooler" and I can't see any of this type of cooler. It would be convenient to find some kind of cooler that was sort of a standard and that the hole could be easily covered when not carrying the cooler.<br /><br />I've also seen plans for building a homemade cooler. It would be nice to find an easy plan that would fit this type of hole.<br /><br />Has anyone seen any good plans with pictures? Or has anyone seen the type of cooler I was talking about earlier and do you know how I can get a hold of one? <br /><br />Also, has anyone seen those types of van roof hole covers and do you know how I can get a hold of one?

Latest posts